any guess on my hp?

rattlebox93

i am going to put it on the dyno monday i have pod's, 12cm hx35, cooler tubz, afc lever gone, 3200 spring, no idle screw's, lever been ground on, fuel screw bottomed out, cold air intake, k&n, 4" exhaust, timing all the way to the head, ksb powered up, throttle linkage played with to get real full throttle, with a stock 160xxx lp, what do you guys think? last time it was on the dyno it was realitavely stock and made 200hp 450tq

- What year engine? (The 89 ~ 91.5 trucks running the 9mm injectors are by default capable of flowing more fuel that the 91.5 ~ 93 trucks running the 7mm injectors). EDIT: never mind, you're running PODs.

- Manual or automatic?

Definetly get a better lift pump, and gauges if you dont allready. My truck is similar but with stock injectors, I can suck the fuel pressure to ZERO instantly, the piston pump is going on this weekend.

well it isent making any hp now kdp got me before i could put it on the dyno! ....NO clutch slip! it has a new south bend clutch the only thing i really dont have going for me is the lp BUT! i will be doing somting about that when the engine goes back in! along with 2 teeth timing advance!....are you guys running new line all the way to the tank when you do the piston pump conversion? i am deffinatly running new line all the way to the ip from the lp

That sucks about the kdp. 2 teeth will be a LOT of timing. Since the stock lift pump, filter, and in-tank pickup are all restrictions, I'd just eliminate all of them at once by going with an AirDog or something similar.

Truck in my avater with HX40, 50hp injectors, fuel pin, fuel bumped up, timing, stock LP, intercooled, stg.2 water meth, and stock GOV spring went 426hp and 967tq. Dyno sheet to prove it. 92 5spd DRW.

Truck in my avater with HX40, 50hp injectors, fuel pin, fuel bumped up, timing, stock LP, intercooled, stg.2 water meth, and stock GOV spring went 426hp and 967tq. Dyno sheet to prove it. 92 5spd DRW.
Stock lift-pump, etc. . . .. Was this a VE injection pump?

I'd like to see that dyno sheet. How big was the correction factor? Is that number with W/M?

Was that picture taken at the Redding diesel rally? Looks familiar

well new plans....

fresh bottom end, coated pistons, ballanced, arp rod bolts,

exhaust side of head ported, bowl work, stainless valves, springs, studs, ect

4000 spring, snap ring seal, 30psi piston lp, boost refrenced reg, 1/2 in line, non i/c injection lines, 2 teeth timing (pump all the way away from head), 6x14's or 6x16's

bus style 12v exhaust manifold (3rd gen type exit between 4 and 5 90*angle) ported to match head, 07 5.9 he351, stock 07 4 inch dp, 4" under to 5" stacks

AND PAINTED CYMMINS RED!!!! a cummins should NOT be dressed in grey

What do you think? 400hp?

Sounds fun! Should be 350-400, although you never can tell. I did a bunch more work to my truck and haven't gained an ounce of power yet.

Back