Anyone ever try a shackle flip?

fearthedeere6.7

Im working on getting my truck ready for the year and came across this while i was searching for a suspension lift for my other truck.

DODGE OFF ROAD Ram 4x4 Parts and Accessories

Looks like it removes the rear block puts the spring in to a compression state and lifts the rear three inches. I would think that with a set of good shocks,and traction bar would keep the axle planted pretty good. Just curious if anyone had tried something like that id hate to blow the money if its been proven not to work.

thanks

chas

I haven't used it fur pulling, but its very simple to do. You only need remove the block if you flip both shackles. Just the rear is only a 2.5" lift, and will change your pinion angle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I had a BDS lift that was the same way it also moves the diff forward some.

I had a BDS lift that was the same way it also moves the diff forward some.

This is definitely true. I thought mine looked jank as hell when I did it because of how far forward the tire set in the wheel well. Granted when I did mine it was on an OBS but mine moved forward 1.5".

I built my hangers out of 3/8" and 1/4" plate.

1360427506_zps8b18b0de.jpg

I made these relocator blocks out of 1" bar stock to locate the axle back where I wanted it. You can see where the spring pin is compared to the axle centerline.

1360426031_zps1f6eba5f.jpg

1360426018_zps8891f273.jpg

I think I got the wheel pretty well centered again.

1360426002_zpsee68073a.jpg

Did it help with rear wheel hop any? thats the main reason im looking in to it i want to get rid of the blocks and still keep the height.

Take the block out and get springs with the right arch.

So instead of people using the springs they already have, get custom springs made for like $900, as apposed to making a block to relocate the axle that cost like $20 worth of material, to put the axle where it should be?

Good call chief!

Did it help with rear wheel hop any? thats the main reason im looking in to it i want to get rid of the blocks and still keep the height.

It didn't change wheel hop for me. My pickup has never had bad wheel hop and it didn't seem like it changed at all.

You could just get a leaf pack with 5" lift, that would allow you to remove the block.

Back