Anyone know about the A3?

FastCR

Breaks stuff
My mom just flew down to San Diego today to pick up a used 2012 A3 TDI. She plugged in her phone charger, and TPMS warning went on. Shortly thereafter, CEL and passenger airbag lights went on.
After stopping, she noticed a penny in the cigarette lighter socket. Obviously she's pretty upset, she's just on the north side of the grapevine on her way back to the bay area. Me and my vagcom are 1,000 miles away, and I don't know much about the A3 or newer body style in general.

Does anyone have any ideas? I told her to keep driving it, I'm assuming the CEL is to say either the seat sensor isn't working or TPMS reading is out of range. Figured I'd throw it out here just in case someone knows more about the A3.

reset all the codes. there are a few mechanics down in the area if you check out the tdiclub trusted mechanic list, all of them would be able to reset the codes.

makes me wonder if it blew any fuses. I'd say shut it off, turn it back on a couple times, or just drive it.

Who knows for sure.

reset all the codes. there are a few mechanics down in the area if you check out the tdiclub trusted mechanic list, all of them would be able to reset the codes.

makes me wonder if it blew any fuses. I'd say shut it off, turn it back on a couple times, or just drive it.

Who knows for sure.

I just got off the phone with her and after a little reflecting, it's not limping so I told her she can grab a tire pressure gauge, double check pressures, and just drive it if she wants. I was planning on hitting up the trusted mechanics list to get her a good shop when she gets home anyway.

Worst case an autozone obd reader might tell something... write down all the codes and reset them and see if anything comes back.

She decided to drive it. I'll update the thread in the next couple days when she gets it to a shop.

Back