Anyone stretched fenders/hood?

Moochoff

Looking for anyone who's successfully stretched out a hood, fenders, or other body parts... How difficult is it, did you cut up other fenders or different part of the body to keep lines matching? Which type of welder did you use (if not fiberglass)? or if it was hired done- neighborhood price to do so?

Brainstorming about shortening s10 bed to move the cab/firewall back further to get a long 6cyl further past the front axle and dig so far into the firewall... It'd be cool to have a little bit of weight off the front. Similar to this build Radical 1998 Ford Ranger - Diesel Power Magazine

I have infinite amount of time and my labor is free. Spent a few minutes in paint earlier and the idea may look just too goofy

Crew cab bed on ext cab frame, stretched fenders
s10extcablongfenderscrewbox_zpsc0a134cb.jpg

Ext cab frame, reg cab dropped on new body mounts, stretched fenders
s10regcabstretchedfenders_zpsfe1f0d9d.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to know also I've been thinking of doing this for over a year now just haven't had time to try yet

Sorry for the derail....

Question. That back ranger w/ the 4bt. 1200hp @ 131mph trap. Dosnt that mean the truck would weight like +7500lbs???

Wouldnt like 4500lbs @ 680hp(ish) sound a little more reasonable??

It's putting down an average of 680hp for the quarter mile. If you look down further in the article he says the big turbo doesn't light til half track which screws up the hp/weight calculator.

The weight of that Black Ranger should be around 4000 to 4500lbs.

No he didn't, I've been over to his pace several times. I was just curious cause of the numbers. He had 800hp on fuel and 1200 on nitrous.

the black ranger with the stretched fenders and hood was a new england or jersey truck, I saw it at englishtown years ago,, maybe 10 yrs ago lol

i remember the folks on extreme 4x4 on powerblock stretching either fenders or door. or they used a spare door for the sheet metal to stretch the fender as all the body curves line up right and are easier to come by than a bedside..

i remember the folks on extreme 4x4 on powerblock stretching either fenders or door. or they used a spare door for the sheet metal to stretch the fender as all the body curves line up right and are easier to come by than a bedside..

It was Trucks's project rolling thunder v8 ranger. They cut up all kinds of stuff on that truck.

I have done it (1971 Pro street nova). Stretched the fenders 4" to fit 33" slicks. I did it all myself with a MIG welder. On sheet metal just do spot welds about every 6" at first to get everything where you want it. Then go back through and start filling in gaps with evenly spaced out tacks. Just keep the metal cool so not to warp.

I ordered some other patch panels, I cut mine out, moved the back side of the fender 2" back, and the front 2" forward to keep the same wheel base. Then cut a 4" strip out of the new patch panel and tack welded it into place. all in all, start to finish, it was about 6 hours per side. mind you i took my time so there is minimal body filler needed after.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back