Anyone using the DIY stage 3's?

f250dp

I was wondering how hard it is to build these and if anyone was running these. What all has to be done just to put them together? Im thinking about buying these next week and just like to know what im getting my self into.

I dont run them. you have an 02 which going to have powdered metal rods "PMR's" and they will not survive long with those injectors. Not to mention i dont see any fuel system mods so you'll be pissing in the wind anyway. Honestly id wait til you get fuel system, headstuds, turbo upgrade, forged rods and a trans upgrade before you get injectors that big. Otherwise you'll just end up with a broke truck.

I have forged rods to put in my motor . But i am buying up parts for my build in the future and im goin to need these injectors. I have already got my fuel system upgrades, i just dont have it on the truck. My trans is an ATS with there torque converter so i dont think i will have a problem out of that. So has anyone built there own injectors?

gotcha, i didnt see that stuff listed in your sig so i thought id throw that out there. Several have built there own injectors, but when you build them there's no way to flow and balance them w/o sending them off. For that reason i just have a pro build them, then they are flowed and balanced to ensure each injector is equal. Check out www.powerstrokenation.com i know there's a few on there that have done their own injectors.

diy injtors

i did my own injectors in a 96 stroke and used the kit from rosewood and had great results. but as the other guys have said please have them flowed by a shop to at least check to see if they are good. i had on that would dump fuel at idle and that would be bad news if i would've just popped them in after the rebuild. should be close to $300 for them to be flowed. good luck and they are very easy to do. follow the directions and find a internal parts breakdown diagram and you won't have any trouble rebuilding them.

i did my own injectors in a 96 stroke and used the kit from rosewood and had great results. but as the other guys have said please have them flowed by a shop to at least check to see if they are good. i had on that would dump fuel at idle and that would be bad news if i would've just popped them in after the rebuild. should be close to $300 for them to be flowed. good luck and they are very easy to do. follow the directions and find a internal parts breakdown diagram and you won't have any trouble rebuilding them.

Thats what i wanted to here... I can bench flow them at my school for free, so i planned on flow checking them.. I will be ording them tomorrow so maybe they will get me where i want to be hopefully..:tree:

Back