Anyone using water methanol on OTR trucks?

dust

Always heard about big trucks using it, but have only seen pics of the light diesels. If you have pics of a kit installed on your OTR or tractor, please post them.

I don't know of anyone using it on a road truck, I think it plays into how much water one would have to keep on the truck.

The systems on the pulling tractors are even different yet, and are purely water due to the rules. I have heard that a diesel super stock tractor uses almost 3 gallon of water down the track and only one gallon of diesel, they use multiple stages and injection ports, maybe 10 different nozzles.

I don't know of anyone using it on a road truck, I think it plays into how much water one would have to keep on the truck. .

I think the cost vs gain is pretty low at that level.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I think the cost vs gain is pretty low at that level.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

That's sort of my thoughts on the use of it. I can't see keeping that much extra liquids on the truck. I really don't see a need for it as well, but that is just me.

IMHO it wouldbt be any different then having the extra dpf tank like trucks do now. I think it be descent running just water for cOoling purposes.

I have seen a otr truck from Utah with a propane kit on it. Said he gets better mileage and has To drop 1 less gear then he had to on his normal pulls

Yes theres OTR trucks that have water injection systems. But like was said you either have to have a BIG tank to make it last long enough or its not worth it. Most of the trucks I know with it on have the system on the truck but only use it during dyno competitions.

Yes theres OTR trucks that have water injection systems. But like was said you either have to have a BIG tank to make it last long enough or its not worth it. Most of the trucks I know with it on have the system on the truck but only use it during dyno competitions.

It might not have to be bigger than the tank they used to have for water on the brakes before Jakes were invented. :lolly:

I've never seen it at any places I have worked.

For a semi you would be using a 10gph nozzle at minimum to get any worthwhile effect at the airflow they see. That means at least a 100 gallon water tank to last a full day's work.

800lbs of water displaces a lot of payload.

Would make some sense on a daycab or heavy haul, but for OTR long haul it wouldn't have any benefits over installing a better intercooler or deleting the EGR/DPF.

Tormentor, if I could change the title I would, I was honestly thinking about short haulers more than long distance stuff, but I didn't know that there was a designation difference.

Short haul could work well, without a sleeper you have a little more room for some weight without going over the limit or displacing payload.

What kind of power increase are they getting?

Water is simple, walmart, drug store etc sell distilled water for cheap. Or, at 100 gallons, you could probably get into the distiller or bulk purchasing. At the rate a big diesel would use it, I would stay away from washer fluid or tap water.

Back