ARB of 03up Dodge Front axle

RPA

Does anyone actually know if the ARB air locker works on the 03-08 Dodge's Front Axle. I spoke with 2 different techs at arb and got to differnet answers. One said no and another said that it was the same as the Chevy IFS's. I know the eaton e-lockers are different between the to but unsure of the ARB and don't want to buy on and find out its not.

Anyone have any other locker suggestions for these trucks other than dynotrac free spin kit and a detroit locker.

The elocker from the power wagon works, check out Ebay.

I can assure you they work and fit perfectly. Part number RD51 will fit your dodge front end.
I have one in the front end of my 03... man do they make it hard to steer:hehe:

I have the ARB in mine. Works perfectly and fits with no clearance issues like the E locker.

We also have the ARB in ours and it fit great. It is kind of wierd that the ARB tech doesn't know if it will fit or not though. :kick:

I have the electric locker out of the powerwagon in mine. Was an easy install,works good so far.

Dustin Meyers- a few years ago, told me the ARB required some creative "grinding" on the differential housing to get them to fit.. Maybe they fixed that?

go with the power wagon locker. It is a factory dodge part number. All you need to do is buy a switch, some kits even include the switch

I think the Dodge part number is 5175278AA list price is $710 and weighs 28lbs. The actuator list is $270 PN 05175284AA.

Justdifferentials.com has a stock AAM unit for $650. No grinding required.

http://www.justdifferentials.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24_47_473&products_id=2469

The ARB PN is RD51 and sell from $825-$1025. Could not find any cheaper.

The Eaton E-locker PN 19622-010 is on E-bay Buy it now for $750.

On Rearendparts.com the Eaton is $700.

http://www.rearendparts.com/product.php?productid=650&cat=0&page=1

is the locker out of a power wagon strong enough for the pulling application?

The acctuator is not needed. I have the AAM unit, and I got the instructions e-mailed to me from Justdifferentials.com. All that is needed is to supply 12volt power. Since it is a stock unit unlike the Chevy IFS unit no grinding is required.

Back