Are Mach injectors junk???

grncummins

Long story short I sold my mach injectors to somebody which in turn the new owner took the injectors to get cleaned and gone through to verify that they were ready to go for his new build. Well the diesel shop that went through them for him pretty much said that they were junk and that none of the pop off pressures were correct and that there were shims were they shouldnt be and that there were even clogged holes. He also stated that the shop told him all of the injector serial numbers had been scratched out on the injectors. Dont really know what that is about. This is just hard to believe as they were the smoothest running injector I have ever ran and produced very good power. The injectors didnt have very many miles on them and always had power services run through them in every tank. also the injectors were taken straight out of the truck and shipped to the new owner. I am in no way bashing anyone it is just that you always hear about how good the qaulity is of mach injectors so I am just extremely confused because they ran so good for how junky the shop says they were. But I did the right thing and told the buyer to ship them back to me and I would refund his money so that is what is going to happen. any input or help would be appreciated.

No. Thats the only catch here. But I did verify that they had the sac style nozzle in which all mach injectors have. I got all original box and paperwork with them though. But I understand what your saying.

Are Mach injectors junk? No, they are excellent injectors. There's probably more to this one. Pop offs drop over time.

It seems that some diesel shops always likes to slam another.. You always hear about this kind of thing.. I have a tough time believing most of them anymore when it comes to something like this.

Last edited:
Don't know what shop you used, but I know of crooked shops that see and opportunity like this to take expensive injectors and tell the owner they are junk. They talk you into buying new ones then turn around and resell your original injectors... 2 for 1. Not saying this is whats happening, but it does every now and then.

And like RonA said, pop-offs go down over time, thats the nature of all springs.

I wouldn’t say they are junk, but I don’t think the value is there for the price they cost. I have a set that had maybe 10K-15K miles on them and the pop of pressure was around 265Bar with about a 15Bar spread. The flow varied 5-6% from each other and that was not including one injector that had a hole that was either plugged or damaged.

They did how ever run quite smooth and did make decent power. With the help of Weston and Exergy Engineering, I know exactly what I got now and the pop off's are 295Bar and are all with in 5Bar and a flow variance of 1%. With the tolerance tightened up the truck has better throttle response and runs even smoother!

Pintles wear over time, this causes the needle actuation to diminish, most of the time it is a lengthy process to correct this if at all. It is common no matter the manufacturer or seller.

Don't know what shop you used, but I know of crooked shops that see and opportunity like this to take expensive injectors and tell the owner they are junk. They talk you into buying new ones then turn around and resell your original injectors... 2 for 1. Not saying this is whats happening, but it does every now and then.

And like RonA said, pop-offs go down over time, thats the nature of all springs.

That was my thought, especially with the serial numbers having been scratched off. Too bad you don't know if they were scratched off before that.

It is very common for the nozzle designation numbers to be removed.

I think I read somewhere that Don sets his injectors measuring injector quanity and therefore doesn't bother with small variances in pop off's. I have always had the best of luck with the Mach injectors.

Send them to Don, if there are really his injectors, you need to let him do the cleaning/pop testing! Its like taking a ford to a chevy dealer to have the head gaskets changed...

I have run Mach 7's for 140K miles and can't say enough good about them... but trust me, if I had a problem, they would be fixed by Don, not some other shenanigan!

I bought a set of Mach 4 injectors from Don in 2004, and then in 2005 he made them into Mach 6's after I put a set of twins on. With no other change the hp went from 565hp to 638hp. The injectors are still in the truck, with the total mileage on those injectors right at 140,000 miles. The truck now has over 2030 1/4 mile passes on it. All of them with Mach injectors. First Mach 1.5's, then the Mach 4's and finally the Mach 6's. No, they are not junk.

Paul

F1's?

Well I would get em retested (pop, spray and assembly quality) at any other shop to see what feedback you get.
Perhaps most intereting would be if Don tested em, wonder what his response would be on these?
Get a response on the assembly issue with the shim concerns.
Not many people have bad comments on F1 injectors.
Not many people test there new products to see what they got for there money.

Got my money back. Thank you.
Let us know the test results at your end.
I will never buy F1 injectors after seeing these, No fault of yours.

I call BS on this whole deal. There is no way Don put a set of 24V injectors together the wrong way. Ain't going to happen. Maybe someone else took them apart and screwed with them, but Don didn't send them out bad. I'd like to see them myself. If you aren't going to send them back to don, I'll check them and tell you where they are at for free. I'll even pay the return shipping. PM me if you want them checked.

Back