ATS CO-PILOT anyone??

DuramaxDaddy29

Does anyone have the ats co-pilot? If not or so what suggestions do you have for the tranny? In a nice price range knowing your getting a new turbo soon. Turbo in mind is the BD supermax. Thanks:huh::

Do you have a completely stock tranny? If so, you need to put some hard parts in it before adding a co-pilot. If you want to use ATS stuff contact one of their installers and buy at least the Stage III kit. That kit comes with a co-pilot.

The co-plilot is more of an icing on the cake sorta thing. It won't hold much power on its own, but it does make 'em shift better.

Ah copilots are just a waste of money, but you do need them to get an ATS tranny to shift right, but you can save yourself the hassle & get a Suncoast & a custom EFI tune that will help with the shifts.

Noreaster said:
Ah copilots are just a waste of money, but you do need them to get an ATS tranny to shift right, but you can save yourself the hassle & get a Suncoast & a custom EFI tune that will help with the shifts.

WHo is burning the custom EFI tunes for the Dmax.... I have heard of these and was wondering who... what.... where.... and how much?

Theres a handful of guys doing tunes for Dmaxs, prices are around 500 for a tune & couple tunes for 900.

Off the top of my head McRat, Tony, Kennedy, Bobo.

The co-pilot won't help much unless you race a ton or spray N2O.

I didn't run one for 200+ 1/4 mile passes. Now with the power I'm running, it helped to lock my converter consistantly, something we couldn't do with efi only.

I bracket race a ton, so being consistant is needed, so it was worth the cost to me.

dont forget about the guys that dont have efi live and cant load a tcm tune in and make it shift good too. with out a co-pilot it take several passes(sometimes all day) to make it shift good. with, only a few(1-2)passes. however, i have been hearing really good things about the new co-pilot!

Back