August 19th NHRDA Test and Tune Session

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Roll call....

Who's coming out to hit the tree, throw some smoke and hit the tarmac, along with meeting other diesel heads in our area ?

August 19th NHRDA Test and Tune @ Island Dragway www.islanddragway.com

Come on out ! This is a meet and greettest and tune session for the Sept 2nd event.:thankyou2:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Let's go North Easterners!!!!:clap:

Come on guys .... I set the bar with 22 trucks at our Test and Tune back in December ..........

I'm curious, but I'm 12 hours away from the closest one- What happens at an NHRDA Test & Tune? Any awards? Both lanes? Grudge matches? Is the advantage over a normal T&T session is that only diesels are on the strip? If so, what's a decent price for renting the strip for this type event? Thanks!!

Joe,
When we are starting out in a new area, we do a Test and Tune event ..... that gives everyone a chance to do a meet and greet w/o any pressure of racing.

Simply a g2g

I should be there. looking forward to running some of the tunes I have been working on for the last month

We did get in 3 test passes.... But yes Mother Nature showed up and shut the festivities down early.:bang And a 69 GTX/Road Runner who blew up his trans and spilled fluid and parts:doh: on the track didnt help the flow any. The skies were threatening all morning.:kick: I'm glad we atleast were able to get the rigs who showed up some runs. And the staff at the track since we didnt get to eliminations gave the people free entries to the Sept 2nd event.

We look forward to see a good turn-out of rigs on the Sept 2nd All Truck Event.

Thanks to all the racers and spectators who came out even under threatening skies. ( When I awoke in the morning I knew it would rain- it was only a matter of WHEN!:bang )

And to the one rig owner whom I dub the Sportsman Winner of the test and tune session was Doug Brarens aka DieselRat34, his rig was built for the hell of it -and to have fun- and personally even though it wasn't fast, I thought it was WAY COOL *pictured below*

Doug, You grasp what this is all about, to go out and have a kickass time in something you created. Thumbs up! I'll look out for you Sept 2nd.:rockwoot:

Thumbs up to Highfinance97 for making the trip to spectate:clap: talk to ya again dude.

To everyone that showed up to watch and to those that raced :thankyou2: And I will meet y-all again on the second! Spread the word! Lets get some rigs out to Island Drag Way on the 2nd!:woohoo: :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 21
RD and others - nice to meet ya.

This is addressed primarily to all those NE PowerStrokers out there:

Well I was there and a bunch of Dodges, couple D-max and one or two PSDs - except for me, no PSDs from this site (that I know of).

I hear DHRA doesn't think the Northeast is worth coming to.

Based upon todays turn-out for this NHRDA T&T and GTG as a primer for the 2 SEPT NHRDA race event, I'd probably have to say the NHRDA may give up on the NE too. (Someone may correct me if I'm wrong)

Folks complain that nothing much happens here in the NE - well maybe there is a reason.

Based on the real crappy forecast we had:bang and the Nationals in Reading,Pa-:doh: we'll see what happens on Sept 2nd.

While I am pleased on the turnout- I would like to see ALOT more eager Northeasterners come out :poke: !!!

While I can't really lay blame to the other group for running from this region after they had an event up here and had a lousy turnout and actually lost money putting on their event, I can't imagine giving up, but understand their decision.

Word should spread through word of mouth, :blahblah1: :blahblah1: contact your diesel loving buddies, groups and clubs- form a convoy- come as a group- but first and foremost- :poke: GET YOUR BUTTS OUT HERE!!LOL LOL LOL

We (NHRDA) WANT to continue to have future, BIGGER events in our region, but that's gonna take PARTICIPANTS COMING OUT. :clap:

Island Drag Way is owned by some really nice race loving people, who personally know me and my motivation for Diesel Motor Sports. I had track personell coming up to me Sunday requesting my duallie to come back and raise some hell again:evil: I informed them that yes soon it will back out again upsetting the gasser folks, and showed off some pics of my new beast. They were instantly excited.:woohoo: I was wished lots of luck to help get this Diesel Racing Events deal off the ground and running. I was also shown the future "SLED PULLING AREA" at Island Drag Way- Mr. DeMarkey (track owner) WANTS to have more Diesel Motor Sports activities and has the space for it. I have also heard this from other track owners and managers who know me as well.:woohoo: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Folks the only way we will make this North East Events deal prosper- is by getting these fellow Diesel Loving North Easterners out to these events. Nothing says we want these events here more than attendance and participants! *bdh* Heck a 2-3+ hour drive aint that bad compared to a 8+ hour drive? Once we blossom out into other states in the North East, the travel time will be reduced for some. But we need to get you folks out and to the events that we have in our region.:rules:

Spread the word! Tell your buddies- have them tell their buddies. PM me shops to contact that might have some interested folks. Clubs and groups also. I damned well know there are some plenty fast trucks up here in the North East- BRING EM OUT!:what:

September 2nd @ Island Drag Way is our next event- this is an ALL TRUCK EVENT- NO CARS- NO MOTORCYCLES- Nothing but trucks- BE THERE!!!

Thanks once again for all that attended and introduced yourselves. See you on the 2nd. I expect an even better turnout for the money that is up for grabs! The time is NOW folks- there are NO excuses!

:thankyou2: RacinDuallie:Cheer:

Last edited:
One thing everyone should remember is with the North East just getting it's feet wet with drag race events, you can't think "I'm not gonna go, and be the only one showing up" you should probably think "I'm going to go, and bring one or two buddies with me" Even if you don't race you show support for those who do. This way we can get on the forums and let everyone know there is a following. The track owners and managers will see the following, and will most likely have another event. It takes fans and participants for these events to really take off!

Exactly ! Nice post Josh.:clap:

We don't wanna open the door slowly- here in the North East, but wanna kick the dang door off its hinges and loudly proclaim our existence and desire for Diesel Motor Sports Events in the North East!!!!:evil :woohoo:

It's gonna take people to get out and show up- participate- and most of all have a good time!

Come on out folks- September 2nd is the First Annual NHRDA North East Event!

Help us kick it off !:cheer: :tree:

Back