aurora 5k

otpulling

one of my sponsors owns my turbo on my pulling truck and he is in love with this thing but i have heard not good things about this turbo from other people. i am getting about 40 lbs of boost out out of it with a bushing down to a 2.6. so my problem is when i pulling down the track in third gear i cannot get the engine over 3600 rpm. i have double check my tunes, i have driven it on the road and i can get 4000 rpm out of it then. so my question is do i just not have enough power or is the small exhaust housing snubbing the motor out and that high of an rpm with a load. i am at a loss with this thing. i am running stock heads, cam, piston, rods, exhaust manifold. so any help would be great expecially with the turbo and what you thought of it. thanks.

Need to monitor drive pressure if you want to be sure, and hit up a dyno. You may be wasting time trying to turn 4k with stock heads/valvetrain on the track, need to see where the power is.

i know i am probably out of my torque curve but what i am looking for is wheel speed and not sure i can do it in 4th gear yet thats all. but thanks for that input

Back