Auto Trans question

Big Johnson

So here's my predicament I recently put lockers in my truck which I love but the one issue I am having is when I try to build boost even with the brake pressed all the way to the floor I can't hold the truck back hardly at all. I have a built Trans and the guy that built it did a great job but what I am starting to worry about is I am planning on building a 2.6 engine this fall and I'm worried I won't be able to hold the truck back at all when the engine is in it next season. And to let y'all know I pull in 2nd gear 4 lo OD off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2800 stall. Sorry ill get my sig later today I pretty much only use my iPhone for forums so ill get in the computer later

Garret 38r with 1.15 housing. I can't recall exact specs off hand

Sorry I had a typo it's a 22 or 2300 stall

A higher stall converter would b a great place to start. Something like 2800 or 3000. I assume you still have all 4 brakes?

Last edited:
I talked to a couple people and I think it's the stator in the tc

I take it your truck is a 7.3?

My truck is the same way, it pushes through the brakes in 4-low with ease, i'm running a Precision converter from BTS, pretty sure its stock stall. I'd say have the stall changed and make sure all your brakes are in good shape.

double check the stall im having the same problem with mine this year, leaves the line way to soft and is hurting me at the end of the track

It's the stator. I'm going with a higher stall for next season though gonna finish out the last couple pulls with what I got

Back