Aux trans heat exchanger removal

I relocated mine to the driver's side of the transmission and installed a fluid filter while I was at it.

ExchngProtoRear.jpg

- I also installed a quarter-turn ball-valve to turn off the engine coolant when racing. ;)

It's a close fit, but it works.

ExchngMntInPlaceRr.jpg

I then whittled on some more stop sign aluminum and made a bracket . .

RawMount.jpg

It holds this cooler .. . .

TransCoolerFan.jpg

Just behind the heat exchanger/filter . .

ProtoMount1.jpg

Hey Ryan, Do you still have the cooler? I would like to get it from you if you do.

Thanks

the heat exchanger does nothing for cooling. it is to warm the trans faster in cold weather. hard to cool a 150* trans with a 190* coolant!

So what happens when you tow a heavy load and your transmission becomes hotter than your engine? I have seen quite a few trucks run 25* hotter without the heat exchanger on them. It has a dual function and they do help with the cooling.

So what happens when you tow a heavy load and your transmission becomes hotter than your engine? I have seen quite a few trucks run 25* hotter without the heat exchanger on them. It has a dual function and they do help with the cooling.

If your trans is @ 225*+ you need a better cooler. The factory unit was marginal at best, thats why most all aftermarket trans require a better one.

Back