B&M Pro Ratchet Shifter Question.

97' CTD

FeFiFo-FoFeFeFi
I installed one in my truck it is a 06' with a 48re, my question is it shifts into all the gears properly I checked before I cotter keyed the piece into the shifter arm there are no kinks or harsh bends but the shifter itself is very stiff to shift through all the gears. It is brand new and didnt know if it would loosen up? I just figured some of u drag race guys have a much better understanding of these types of shifters and could possibly give me some insight! Thanks.
Brandon

Is it stiff to shift with out it hooked to the trans?

My shifter is like that too in my 89....I have the same style version in my 71 Nova drag car, and it is a lot looser, so I figured the First Gen would get easier to bang through the gears after the first few thousand shifts LOL...

Mine was extremely stiff when I first installed it and I realized that when I first put it in I bent the tab that bolts the cable to the shifter just a little and it bent it on the inside and was making it bind. Bought a new cable and itssmooth. I couldn't even tell it was bent but it was

It gets stiff when i make the bend to hook it to the trans there is nothing i can do about that?!?!?.
Brandon

Back