Back half trucks what springs you running?

Runninlean

Say When racing
#5900 lbs race weight SWB back half with ladder bar set up on Strange single adjustable coil overs. What are you guys running for spring weights? Truck loads up and the front end just never seems to settle back down shocks are topped out at 9 now and can be a handful on the big end. I am open to any input as I am also thinking I might need to add some limiting straps.

I am not sure what the springs are that are currently on it and haven't been able to find any markings on them. :bang

You need to have the truck scaled to get a better idea on what springs to use. Are you using some 90/10's on the front? It will help to transfer the weight back.

200# springs out back. Truck's not done yet, so not sure on the weight, shooting for 4500-4600lbs. Two wheel drive.

You need to have the truck scaled to get a better idea on what springs to use. Are you using some 90/10's on the front? It will help to transfer the weight back.

I am not sure on the front shocks they are adjustable I have just not gotten that far into it yet.

I did have the truck scaled and the 3 set of scale's they tried to use the front was over the scale limits. Best we could figure was 3400 lbs in the front and 2200 lbs rear with out the big arse driver in it. It seems to transfer the weight to the rear fine now just does not seem to ever level out. That is why I am thinking about the limiting straps. This is just my redneck thought process no true chassis knowledge.

Best pass to date was 10.42 @138 No time shown

Not the best video but best I have.

spring rate, 200 pounds per inch of deflection.

I have 150# springs

Wow 138 mph, that truck has enough power for 9.8's and 9.9's!!!

Does it spin the first quarter of the track?

It is still spinning some off the line but it is geared very tall 3.31 on 34.5 tires. Its not spinning enough to keep it from pulling the tire though.

Back