Batteries

ramtough01

Doing some research about batteries on pullers. Now that most don't run a alternator and run electric hydraulic steering among other things. What battery is everyone running and how many?

Not trying to hijack the tread but very interested in this subject..how are you guys getting by with only one battery?

Im running 2 with a small solor trickle charger, elec fans, gauges, elec water pump.. seems to do fine. . I just throw a real charger on them when back home

I have for years used one of battery in my truck. I have no alternator and only start truck run a few lights, data box and, electric power steering. I charge the battery at the pull with a small generator until it is time to line up. With this setup I am good for 2 hooks a night with a jump to start the truck the second time. I am going to install 2 more batteries so my second pass isn't in jeopardy if I need it. Do we think a deep cell type is better for this application or standard starting battery?

On something without an alternator a deep cycle will last longer as they are made to be drained and recharged continuously. That is my 2 cents.

Back