Being at weight, without hanging weight.

smok531

This year our local fair has increased the class weight to 10,000lbs from 8,000. Rules state no front ballast. Is my 96 12v flatbed weighing 7,800lbs going to be hurt by putting all that extra weight in the bed or is weighing in light better than having weight just over the rear?

hang off weights not allowed, but how about bolt/strap on weights like circle track racers do.

That sucks. I would totally be doing frame fill lead weight it i could sneak it.

Im not going to. My options are put all the weight on the bed (2200lbs worth) or weigh light. Which is going to be better? does it hurt weighing in light?

The heavier the better. Why would they choose 10,000 pounds? That's ridiculous

Why would they go to 10000 lbs and not allow front hanging wieghts. That's nuts. Block yr rear and put weight all the way forward next to yr cab. And if you can sneak some under the seats etc that'll help also

you're allowed to run an aftermarket bumper, and you're not going to take advantage of that?!? :confused:

Do you have any idea just how heavy you can make a pipe bumper if you want to??!

BUT, even if you hang a 1500lb bumper on the nose, you'd better put some big ol' fake weights in the bed so nobody has a pissy party and goes for a rule change on you.

10,000lbs is insane to me. I think a lot of breakage is going to happen at this pull if everyone is at 10k. I wanna see a video of pull.

Sounds like a Brush Pull. I know our local Fair had that stupid idea, usually the 10K trucks were utility bed trucks full of tools and low on power.

Same here at our brush pull, we have a 10,000lb class (and up)! They usually let me bump up into that class even though I out power them 2-1 or more. I just stay at 8500 but can keep my weight in the front.

Beat a 13,000 lb tow truck twice now and he quit coming back. LOL

I'd grab the weight if you not packing a pile of power, forward as possible and might need to re-think your final ratio.
I've seen twits show up with a half ton and a mini-bulk of grain in the back thinking they were going to pull the sled home and get 1/4 track out and the wheel's just quit turning! Which usually trigger's a bout of hysterical laughter from the crowd.

not willing to do the bumper because it has to be a aftermarket bumper and will be inspected for no added weight. We have about 30 trucks every year in this 8,000lb street class that is now 10,000lb class a some of us over 500hp and a few in the 600-almost 700hp range. I'm not sure what everyone else will be doing for weight i'm sure a lot of them dont have the means to that many weights. just trying to get my ducks in a row.

As to why they jumped up that far i do not know. I know the new ford dually guys were whining last year maybe that has something to do with it.

Whoever decided to up the wright must own a local drivetrain shop.

Back