Bentz Diesel Dragster sets a new record - in carnage...

dieseldragster

First to the sevens....
What a weekend.... First pass, blew the tires off and Dustin pedaled the car to a 9.40 155 pass.. Went back, backed it down a bit. Second pass, during the burnout had a small nitrous backfire, and shot a smoke ring a hundred feet in the sky. Refired the car, and during the burnout, we exploded the low pressure charger.

Attachments

• turbo exploded sm.jpg
    turbo exploded sm.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 372
Man that looked wooly.... Props to you guys for getting it back together and making passes Sunday... Great job!

Turbo shafts apparently dont like nitrous backfires. You guys need to get some shields around them turbos, for Dustin, the track officials, and especially the fans sake.

The wheel chased me down the track. Fat men don't run fast......

Seriously, I showed the DHRA guys that having the air shutoff on the intake side does nothing when you blow it up like we did. I am adding one to the pressure side on the intake manifold....

To add to the story, the final run, we exploded the stator in the converter, and locked it up. It caused the dragster to pull itself forward out of the lights. Luckily, Dustin ran it out half track and clicked it off and save a lot of parts.....

In addition, we exploded the stator in the converter, locked it up, and made Dustin redlight. We pulled it all apart at the track, and it was unreal.

We are getting ready for Denver, we will get this car down in the speeds it should run.

That is going to be a sight to behold! Can't wait to see it run again. NICE!

Back