Best 1/4 times EVER in a standard truck???!

Again how many shifts are you guys making?:bang

Yes a DD is slower to shift.

With a 2cnd gear start I go all the way through to 6th, mainly due to RPM limitations (defuel @ 3200).

MD-LUCKY said:
What would REALLY be interesting to me is to see the weight of a stock clutch, the weight of an after-market single, and the weight of after-market dual disk. I have access to a stocker with about 20,000 miles.. Maybe I will weigh it and report back. Anyone have a FE and dual disk to measure? The only difference is the clutch itself, so just weigh that.

I've got an unsprung DD sittin in my garage right now, brand spankin new, I'm waiting till payday to send it back to SBC to exchange it for a Sprung DD

I can weight it tonight and post the results in another thread as it seems this thread is getting a bit off topic. Ill post pics too so you know I'm doin it right

Ken

hey, this is interesting stuff. Does anyone run in 4x4 instead of just 4x2? are there many benefits to running in 4x4?

the flywheel is different on a dual disk also. i have a southbend dual disk unsprung. with the flywheel and all it weighs over 100 pounds.

o yea, all i can tell you is that my southbend dual disk shifts real slow. no matter how i try to shift it. my best 1/8th mile is a 9.04 and i bet i waited over 1 second for the shift.

Flywheel weight shouldn't have anything to do with it either though. The flywheel is bolted to the engine, and spins at engine speed regardless of what the transmission is doing.

In a low torque, small displacement engine flywheel weight may affect how the engine revs, but it shouldn't change the shift speed.

I still havn't weighed that stupid stock clutch. What a busy time of year....

yeah, I've been a bonehead lately about gettin pics up....I've been tryin to pack this clutch up and send it to SBC for over a month now....sheesh

ok this is how i think about it......... it dont know HOW OR WHY but the MY DD shifts WAY slower than the FE did that i had in it before.
I have the 3850 plate load, spring hub, 12 cb dual disk and i know FOR SURE that it shifts slower than the FE that i had in it before.

Lance

ok....I'm wieghing the stuff right now....look for a new thread with pics

Back