Best 6.4 Trans

jhaddox

im buying a new race transmission for my 6.4...its getting a decent build over the winter and my stock transmission isnt going to cut it anymore...i keep going back and forth between NADP and Suncoast or Elite...im looking for the one that is the most reliable that is holding 4 digit hp numbers

i know rudy's 6.4 is running a Suncoast and on spray hes pushing 4 digits...and Ellerton is an NADP guy...pretty much my question is which one holds up the best...im open to any of the big names...except ATS:hehe:

Most of the big guys have theirs done at Elite. I've heard great things about Suncoast with them too. I believe Rudy just posted the other day he has Elite as well, maybe it's just Suncoast internals? I know Elite does work to the cases on the insides to allow more room for bigger clutch packs if I'm not mistaken.

I know for my 6.0 I will go NADP when the time comes.

I would make a wager that both of them are running a certain amount of suncoast parts.. just a guess

We have a suncoast that has pulled for 3 years before being serviced, NO
problems, and minimal to overhaul - very pleased!!!

thanks guys...i just bit the bullet and went with elites trans with the extra clutches and every billet piece they offer

thanks guys...i just bit the bullet and went with elites trans with the extra clutches and every billet piece they offer

The Elite trans is definately the way to go, you'll be real happy with it. They shift great and will hold big power.

Back