Best ball joint press tool kits

brookshire97

wanting to buy a good 4wd ball joint press tool kit, mostly to be used on dodge cummins. the rentals at the parts stores are junk and always missing the right sleeves. so i want to buy my own! whats the best out there for 4wd trucks?

In on this! My harbor freight got me through for a while, but it's filleted now and I want a good one. Do y'all use a standard length or extended jaw?

Its worth it. I have broken OTC sets, harbor sets....But the Snap On set doesnt even flex much less break.

I have the snap on as well. It was pricey but it was worth it

Sent from my GT-I9300

I got mine from quad4x4.com. It woks great. Only thing is you need to buy the exact cups for what vehicle your working on. I think you can buy a whole set. But I've used it many times and never failed me.

I've got the newest snap on and the master OTC kit. I like the Snap-on adapter setup works. Both are great tools but if I didn't use it daily I would probably go with OTC.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have the snap-on kit and not only is it expensive, it doesn't work well mostly due to the fact that it seems to need more adapters than it has in the kit. The sheet that tells you which adaptors to use on what vehicle is a joke as well. I dread every time I have to do ball joints. Specifically on 03+ dodges.
I would look into Matco tools.

thanks for the info i think i will look into the otc kit

Take all the advice with a grain of salt. If someone has used one kit they tend to think it is gospel just because it helped them finish the job.

I have the OTC master set and have replaced 94-05 ball joints with the kit. Mather problem I have is that I would like an adapter that has a taper on one side that fits the taper of the bottom side of the C part of the axle.

Back