best place to buy o-ring cutting tool for cummins

Watching this, I want to get the tooling to do this and probably cut cam bores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought the tool from summit racing. Seemed to work pretty decent. I have plans of modifying the tool for cutting fire rings.

what all would be needed, besides the cutter listed above, to do an oring job?

this has me interested, id like to do some myself and save the hassle of trying to get my stuff to a machine shop, then having to pay, lol

I made my own tool similar to the BHJ tool that works awesome. I just use a carbide .125" o ring grooving tool for a lathe bit in mine. Probably have less than 100 bucks into the whole tool and it has paid for itself many times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I made my own tool similar to the BHJ tool that works awesome. I just use a carbide .125" o ring grooving tool for a lathe bit in mine. Probably have less than 100 bucks into the whole tool and it has paid for itself many times over.

Would you mind posting a pic I'd love to see it. thanks

ata6aqa5.jpg

This photo is of the bottom side of the cutting tool. The square block that the bit is attached to is adjustable up and down for different groove depths and also in and out for different ring diameters. I just turn this by hand with a crank handle until the tool bottoms out onto the block or head deck surface. Its turns in a steel plate I made that locates on the head dowels the same way the BHJ tool works.

I've got a bhj haven't used any others but it sure makes life easy!

If anyone is interested I will be getting a BHJ o-ring diesel starter kit, locating plate, and fire ring cutter . I can order 2 and get a discount for someone over buying one outright. It lists for $2667 for those 3 things. I can knock off a couple hundred. Nice stuff that works great, no guessing.

I always had the hardest time justifying the BHJ tool. Way quicker than cutting it on the mill but me personally couldn't cut enough rings to pay it off.
Do y'all go through that many heads or blocks/ get enough work to pay off $2500+ for a tool?

I always had the hardest time justifying the BHJ tool. Way quicker than cutting it on the mill but me personally couldn't cut enough rings to pay it off.
Do y'all go through that many heads or blocks/ get enough work to pay off $2500+ for a tool?

Ive had mine since 2005 and charge 100 wholesale and 150 retail to cut rings and average 1 head a week with mine. I also own a shop so that factor makes a difference.

There are several different tips for wire and ring size and the bits and wire are costly but to me its worth the cost doing so many. I get a lot of people who drive in and wait for them to be done for what I charge as well.

Back