Big or Small Tire?

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
I'm seriously thinking of making a pass this sunday at our local track's opening season test and tune and can't decide whether to run the current 35" 80lb each interco mud tires or swap back on the toyo 31.6" highway terrain tires. I have 4.10 gears which is the problem. At 110mph i'm crossing the traps around 3500ish which is out of the range of power my motor is making but the gearing advantage and lighter weight of the smaller tires is hard to beat at the first half.

In any event let me know what you guys think. With the 35s assuming a 110mph trap i'm looking only at 3000ish. I will probably go slower than 110 given I run a smaller charger now but that's my baseline.

Run the 35's. Unless you're wanting to be easier on the drivetrain. I have 3.73's and ran what's in my sig on some 31" (or so) 305/60/17's. I was missing that topend pull for sure.

What you need is some 285's get you right in that sweet spot.

Can you try both? It would be interesting to see the difference with just a tire change.

It's hard to call without knowing what your power curve looks like. I would think the bigger tires would do better with the small charger to keep you in the torque though if I had to guess.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love to try both but i'm a lazy fart:p

Cool, it would be interesting to know how the truck does with the tires it rides on when driving around normally.

Charger is a 64/71 t4 .91 so the mid range may be strong enough to not notice a difference or not much of one.

3.54's and 31's :D

If the truck was going to stay a street/strip truck this would've been exactly where it would've headed.

On a side note as bad as the track will be (usual for season opener) perhaps the mud tires will make up for traction lmao

Back