Billet Tappet Cover O Ring

rkadcock

Somewhere down the road my billet tappet cover has started dripping a little oil from the bottom of it. Its not a bad leak, but it leaves a drop here and there and I can definitely confirm the leak is from the cover.

Question is since I can't get a hold of the people (Side cover) who built it 2 years ago, I was wondering if anyone has replaced the O ring in their cover and if they have with what?

you can buy o-ring cord on a roll. but don't buy the splice kit for it, just glue the ends together with super glue.

If you can measure the size, dxp probably has it in stock. You will need diameter, thickness, and shape.

you can buy o-ring cord on a roll. but don't buy the splice kit for it, just glue the ends together with super glue.

Didn't even think of that :nail: especially since we do that for a explosive destruction system at work all the time

If you can measure the size, dxp probably has it in stock. You will need diameter, thickness, and shape.

I'll get it measured and give that a shot first.

I'm mainly just trying to keep from using silicone to stop the leak. I've read that it works on a few threads and truthfully I would rather just do it the right way

Back