Bio Questions

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
I am planning on getting one of the biodiesel kits. I have a few questions about it. One could you go from running biodiesel to a tank of #2 with no problems say if I am on a long trip somewhere the nswitch back to it when I get home. I have read that bio is about 10,xxx btu's off of #2 so whats the trade off of peak HP going to be. For the guys that already make your own what kits do you suggest and how much room does it take up? What is the usual turn around time for a batch from start to pouring into tank? Oil is already being gathered. How long will a batch last once its made till you need to use it, Is it just like regular diesel in the form of putting it in a gravity tank and let it sit for a week or so? I am sure I will have more questions later if anyone can point me in the right direction with your own experiences. Thanks

ive made a few hundred batches myself.

If you are running bio and pour in #2 you wont have any issues. You will loose a bit of power running bio but for me it wasnt extremely noticable.

The turn around time from start to finish can vary depending on how much you are making and what kind of system you are running. I personally made a "appleseed processor" out of a water heater. From oil in to fuel in my truck it probably takes about 15 hours. Although I go kind of over board with mixing, washing and drying. Hands on time is probably only an hour or so though. Basically the other time is letting the machine run by itself.

as far as a processor I would suggest building one, it took me less than 2 hours to build it and it works just fine. Total cost for the processor for me was about $150.

ive made a few hundred batches myself.

If you are running bio and pour in #2 you wont have any issues. You will loose a bit of power running bio but for me it wasnt extremely noticable.

The turn around time from start to finish can vary depending on how much you are making and what kind of system you are running. I personally made a "appleseed processor" out of a water heater. From oil in to fuel in my truck it probably takes about 15 hours. Although I go kind of over board with mixing, washing and drying. Hands on time is probably only an hour or so though. Basically the other time is letting the machine run by itself.

as far as a processor I would suggest building one, it took me less than 2 hours to build it and it works just fine. Total cost for the processor for me was about $150.

Sorry not tryin to hyjack your thread. But WOW!! Thats perdy impressive. I didn't know you had a processor. When did you build one?:clap:

Sorry not tryin to hyjack your thread. But WOW!! Thats perdy impressive. I didn't know you had a processor. When did you build one?:clap:

wow, does your girlfriend know your on the computer?:badidea:

How about answering your phone dip chit. Whats wong are you with your girlfiend all the time? :poke::blahblah1:

the damn thing wont stop ringing....work like a slave, come home clean like a slave, drink beer then start over....thats life.:bang

Back