Blackout In The Country 2014- @Beans Diesel NOW WITH DIRT DRAGS

Had a great time!...well besides breaking something in my Trans in the final race lol

I was bummed for you. Your truck was looking great through the event hot lapping at the end and getting win after win! I'm sure we got some great pics of you... Send me a PM once you get the truck back up and running and maybe we can talk about shooting it for a feature...

We had a good time at the event, and I was pretty stoked to take third in the "Stock Appearing" turbo class with my old Duramax. Next time I hope to get into the money!!! I had a lot of fun racing and got some great event shots.

We had to leave before it was over, but left the shooting to an up-and-coming photographer to finish out the pull so we'll have shots of the whole event for the article.

I have to say Chris, you had us concerned when you were shooting during the 2.6 class. My buddy looked at me and said "That guy is crazy!"

I was bummed for you. Your truck was looking great through the event hot lapping at the end and getting win after win! I'm sure we got some great pics of you... Send me a PM once you get the truck back up and running and maybe we can talk about shooting it for a feature...

Thanks Chris! It was great to get to meet you and talk with you. Alright will do man. Seeing my truck in yalls magazine has been a dream of mine for a long time:Cheer:

Congrats with the third place finish as well. The ol dmax was running strong!

Last edited:
I've been doing it for a long time... It probably looks a lot closer than I really am... I worry more about getting hit by the track prep crew than by a puller.

I was also worried when the IDIOT driver in the black mud race truck was on the track for the dirt drags!!! That moron did not know when or how to lift even after crossing over the center line he was still trying to win the race and heading toward the spectators (and my wife who was also shooting). I was really disappointed that the KOI Drag Racing guy did not kick him out of the event after his first bonehead pass!!! With the limited safety of telephone poles every 20-ft and a single steel cable there is no room for drivers like that who obviously can't or won't control their vehicle and put people in danger then they are on the track!!!

That's what I told him. I bet you got some great shots though!

I think we got some footage of that black truck. That truck would haul the mail but there was one run in specific that he got really squirrely. All we could see was dust flying!

I know the one run the guy in the black black gasser took out the one set of banners he was so squirrely. I was glad I wasn't racing because there is no way I would have ran beside him. Awesome Event except for the few drunk idiots running around in the pits, but I guess you can't stop them all.

Chris the truck looked like it was running great!

How long was the dirt drag track? What was the fastest diesel time in the dirt? ...and the fastest gas pass?

That's what I told him. I bet you got some great shots though!

I think we got some footage of that black truck. That truck would haul the mail but there was one run in specific that he got really squirrely. All we could see was dust flying!

I actually haven't had time to download and look at the shots yet. I have articles on deadline that I need to finish and was up until 5:00 this morning finishing one and still have one other...

I know the one run the guy in the black black gasser took out the one set of banners he was so squirrely. I was glad I wasn't racing because there is no way I would have ran beside him. Awesome Event except for the few drunk idiots running around in the pits, but I guess you can't stop them all.

Chris the truck looked like it was running great!

I understand getting squirrely, but the thing that made me sooo mad is that on that run where he was totally out of control, he crossed the center line by about 2-feet about 50 feet off the line. Then he stayed in it and overcorrected almost hitting the posts and steel cable on the outside of the track as he crossed the finish line and stayed in it for another 75 or so feet!!!! The MORON lost the race the instant he crossed the center line and he should have gotten out of it right then, there was NO WAY he could get a win at that point AND it was a double elimination race so get out of the throttle, take the loss and make your stuff so that you can somewhat reasonably control it going down the track!!!!:soap:

Thanks! The old truck did pretty good!!! Not bad at all for a 360+ thousand mile truck huh!?!?!?! The rear axle seals are leaking so the rear pads are soaked and not breaking very well so I couldn't get off the line with much boost at all. It was pushing bad when I tried to spool.

I loved it though and will definitely do it again!!!

How long was the dirt drag track? What was the fastest diesel time in the dirt? ...and the fastest gas pass?

It was a 200ft track and the fastest diesel passes I remember hearing were in the low 3 second range and the fastest gas pass might have been a high 2 second...

Back