Blew Head Gasket..

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Anyone know what the width on our front axle is with stock wheels and 305 sized tires? The truck is not here its at the repair shop or Id measure it:pop:.

Im either going the U-haul route or just a complete engine rebuild with a girdle, balanced bottom end, fluid dampner, ect.:nail:

You need at least 79" of trailer width to fit your truck. The car dolly wont even come close to fitting it. However, if you can find a UHaul car trailer in your area, you can just barely squeeze a truck with 305's on it. I did it with my RCLB twice. Just tell them you're towing a Civic and they'll rent it to you.

Oh, but make sure you get the "wide" version of the car hauler. Their standard one is only 74-75" between the fenders. The wide one is 79-80".

A new head gasket is seriously just a one day job. If you have a garage, pull your truck halfway into the garage so you have plenty of space to work and don't draw too much unwanted attention for doing major engine work on-base.

If you need a trailer, call up a local rental yard like Ahern, Neff, or similar. They will rent a heavy duty two axle equipment trailer large enough to fit your truck but still small enough to tow with a regular vehicle. I think the last one I rented was $75 per day.

ya well after speaking with Joe from Pure Diesel Power I am going the route of a complete motor studed through out with a girdle and much more. Hoping to do this once and deal with an occasional HG through out the years. The truck is finally paid off so Ill keep it till the wheels fall off.

If I had a ported and oringed head to swap in I would think about the garage idea. Thats how I did my twins but, there are lots of dependent wives that have nothing better to do. All they have to do is eat their doritos and get others in trouble for nothing that has to deal with them.

I knew the car dolly would never work after reading the max weight they can pull. We towed my brother mustang years ago on one and that was a SCARY deal. Thanks for the trailer dimentions that will help with getting it to PDP.

Back