Body (door) Molding trouble

Duramax2006

GM TECH @ FENDER GMC
Hey guys are most of ya'll having trouble with the 2006 body style door molding discoloring? I keep my truck in perfact condition but the molding seems to be discoloring? The truck was bought brand new in 2006 and has been wash and detailed every tuesday since I bought it in 06. I noticed the other day that it seems like all the chevys like mine are having the same problem. I'm going to replace the the 4 strips of molding on the doors and would like to know if I have them cleared (with flex agent) a couple of times would that stop the discoloring? Also how many people are having this problem I think GM needs to warrenty it and find a solution to fix the discoloring problem.

Pull the moldings...problem solved. In all actuality though, I doubt if you buy new moldings and have them cleared it will solve the discoloration problem. I'm betting the sun is what gets them, not other elements. Clear coating won't stop that. Just my opinion.

Thats the problem I don't want to pull the moldings I want to keep them on there, the trucks I've seen without molding look too bare. I like my trucks with the molding everybody's different though. I'm just trying to stop the problem not remove it and I need some opinoins on what will work to stop the discoloring thats all I'm asking here guys

if you really have to keep the moldings, have your originals repainted. no need to buy new ones and then have them cleared. the material is the problem not the paint or upkeep. i have painted many moldings on chevys because of this same problem. i can usually match the paint very well. any reputable shop in your area should also be able to match it.

Back