Brake issue

PSD Trav

Adrenalin Junkie
My buddy's truck is burning brakes up. He put on new slotted rotors and new brakes. Now they drag alittle. Can smell burning brake alittle. The drivers side rear brake were worn worse than the rest.

BTW, only rear brakes are dragging and the e-brake cable is backed off also.

I think the caliper piston is junk but does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

knockered that one on the head.. just change calipers and bleed em out.

Just wondering why the passenger rear would be holding alittle also. Wasnt an issue before the pad and rotor change.

THanks

Just wondering why the passenger rear would be holding alittle also. Wasnt an issue before the pad and rotor change.

THanks

Hey Travis, the thing to do is crack the bleeder screw loose on the calipers and see if you can push them back in easy. If you still cant you have a caliper problem. If they go back in easy, you have a line issue like a rubber hose collapsing or master cylinder holding pressure in the line. Also check to make sure your brake pads can move free on there sliders and the caliper slides themselves move free and are not seized up.

GM Brakes

Here is a great (detailed) link for the brakes on these trucks from another site. I am doing mine tonight and thought I would read up a little before hand.

Diesel Place

Jarasic

Back