Brake issues

Burningtire

Please help before i set this dam truck on fire. oh so heres whats wrong. The truck is my pulling truck, 94 dodge ram 2500. When truck is off the brake pedal is solid, when running it will slowly seep to the floor unless i hit the throttle than it will quickly go to the floor.

This problem started last year but i ended up putting the chevy wheel cylinders in the back and i was able to hold till like 25psi

Now this year i got more power and i cant even hold to 5psi. Ive replaced the master (3 times, properly bench bled), booster, both calipers, pads, every brake line (except two front rubber and the steel line that runs across the rear axle, none are leaking though), ive swapped over the power steering pump/ vacuum pump with another one. Ive bled multiple courts of fluid through each bleeder. Rear brakes are adjusted properly.

I need this thing done, ive already missed one pull. Please help!!!

I put a vacuum gauge on it today and found out that it is sucking to much vacuum. i buried a 30 in lb gauge. What could be causing this ?

Only thing coming off the vacuum pump is the line. Nothing else is attached to it. No orfice thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I just looked at a diagram and there says there should be a check valve there? anyone know what it looks like and what its purpose is?

What's the abs dump valve look like? I got rid of the abs that sits on the drivers fender.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I had a booster with a small leak in it. Had to rip it out and replace last summer. I had a similar problem with the pedal creeping.
Id put a vacuum gauge on that line somewhere so you can see what its at. Should be a good 28" vacuum with a good pump and no leaks. I had 20" before I re-sealed mine awhile back. Have also checked the metal lines to the transfer case, CAD and all that.
If you did all that work to the brake system Im thinking all thats left is the vacuum assist stuff.

Even at 100%, brakes on these trucks -suck-. period. Im thinking of doing a ford dana 60 knuckle and hub swap for the brakes and manual hubs.

Back