BRM is laeking coolant

silverbullet4x4

I just got back from vacation and while the car sat it leaked almost half the level of the reservoir on the ground. The car had recently had the usual cam, lifters, timing belt, etc. replaced and came back not leaking a drop. One day when I came out of work there was a sizeable puddle under the car. As I drove my hour home, the low coolant in reservoir came on. I stopped and added some distilled water, drove home, parked it until I came back from vacation. I popped the cap off the reservoir and no abnormal amount of pressure is in the system so I am thinking it must just be an external leak. It appears from the drips that the leak is on the back drivers side of the engine. When I deleted the egr cooler I left it in place and just blocked off the exhaust. I chose not to completely remove the cooler due to time constraints and a lack of a lift. Anyone know where this could be coming from? I have gotten under the car and looked but the entire back of the motor is wet so it's hard to tell where the origin is.:bang

Last edited:
I know you said it looks like it is coming from the driver side back of the engine.
But check the radiator between the fans on the bottom.
They have a connector that comes loose and wears the radiator.
Mine did it and the whole lower back of the engine was wet from leaking and driving.

Sounds like you are suspecting the right thing - delete your EGR cooler :)

Back