Budget Badass 02 Jetta TDI Build

ShaferDiesel

Way To Small!
I've been rolling this idea over in my mind for about a week, and am almost ready to roll her into the shop to get started. I have a BHW (2.0 balance shaft engine from a passat) out back with less than 100K on the clock, that had an injector go bad and broke a rod.

I'm thinking of using Integrated Engineering rods with the stock BHW pistons if Frank at Franks TDI's can get them for the BHW, and re-assembling the BHW bottom end, with ALH oil pump and head for a bullet proof lower end. I have a friend who will do the head porting for me, and will run a colt stage 3 cam. Oh yeah, ARPs to keep that head down tight.

For fuel I'll run a 12mm head in my pump, with R520 nozzles. I already have stage 5 tuning from Jeff at rocketchip, so we would just re-adjust that a little..

The car currently has a 17/22 turbo on it that works great, but I'm wondering about wastegating it and adding a HE341CW I have sitting here as a secondary. I'll do all my own manifold and intercooler work.

Just thinking I could have a 300hp budget built motor for not much more than 2k. whudya think?

Well, Its not going well so far, lol! I popped my 17/22 this morning on the way to work, I've run it hard for a year and it just decided to let go this morning. So now I'm looking at gtc1444vz as a primary. We'll see where this goes...

got rods on the way, and am getting ready to ship my head to Franks for porting!

What's Frank charge for porting? Can you pm me some contact info? And I'm pretty sure you can get those pistons through rock auto for about $80 a hole. I'm pretty sure those are what's gonna be in my build. Sucks about the 17/22, you can still sell it for a few hundred bucks though. That's like 1200 new or something so if someone wanted to rebuild it they'd be getting a decent deal.

Back