budget build

BEN1234

First off let me introduce my self... names Ben from VA im 19 years old drive a service truck for cavalier int which is a caseih farm equip dealership. Own 3 dodge trucks a 24v,12v and a 360magnum. Just picked up the 12v 95 4x4 ext cab the other day for cheap $1100 didn't run got it running found timing cover was cracked pulled it and the head off while it was off i did a mild port and polish and had the head o-ringed etc etc... lookin to turn the truck into a street/ strip truck gonna shead as much weight as possible, probably goin to a short bed setup. Probably doin a budget set of twins (have an old miller tig welder like to use it and make my own parts) have a few questions about transmissions know the truck has a 47rh i expect to push around 550-600hp i know i need at least a convertor and billet input was wondering about intermediate shaft and output... and what mods i could do to the vb besides the normal shift kit etc etc... and was also lookin for more ways to make the truck go fast for cheap even if its alot of work....

thanks
Ben

bein a 4wd and wantin an estimated 600hp. best bet would be to replace all the shafts. as for the vb, just get one from one of the tranny dealers. that would be easier than having to mess with the springs and ball detents unless you for sure know what your doin. hx35/hx40 over a ht3b would be a dependable set of twins for that hp. set of sticks 6x12 or so. 0 plate, afc work, one stage w/m, etc. its all in what you call a " budget "

thats what twins set up i was plannin on runnin as for injectors i was wondering if could jus get the nozzels themselves and swap them myself as i have access to a pop off tester at work.... an i call budget anyway i can do the work myself or any tips and tricks to save money...

Back