Bully Dog 2.4d vs. Smarty TNT first impressions

Pedophile is supposed to have a LOT of rail pressure... I'm not looking to nuke anything. I just need a good/clean driving combo with some decent power. I guess I've got it right now, though I do miss that extra little oomph the TNT has at full tilt! LOL

2.4d that you sent me last week feels stronger on my 07 than TNT/R did in my 03 or beta 4.3 on my brothers 04.5.

Im pretty impressed with the tripple dog.

I switched from bd to smarty a while back. When i made the switch from bdcl to smarty before the revo/tnt era. I picked up half a second in the quarter. No changes other than tuning. I was pretty impressed even though sop the bdcl felt stronger.
When i was running the bd every now and then I would go back from cl to performance and the truck felt like it was on stock tuning. I switched back to cl in a hurry. lol. I've also ran the pedifile larry but at that time i didnt have enough fuel supply so egts got up in a hurry. I sure would like to run that tune again with my current set up. i bet it is sick!

The 2.4CT is stronger than the 2.4D on the 03. We tried that on the triple dog on that 07 when we first got it. It would make 60 lbs of boost and break the tires loose at 50 mph but would pop as it was draining the rail. We never tried the Senator Larry on it either. It and pedophile larry are supposed to be the 2 hottest tunes.

One girl who was riding with her BF in a hyundai genesis asked if it was stock and i said yes, then she asked if it was a "HEMI" and i said heck yeah, and this was at a stoplight... LOL

BFD, the "heck yeah" is the funniest part of that stoplight story! That's hilarious for real!!

LOL i was having a hoot just messing with them. Specially when its just some "Dumb ole Girl" Haha

My truck ran slower and more issues with smarty. I sold it put bullydog 2.4d in it and let her eat. No more surge issues and i kept it crazy larry. never went down. Alot of people around here hated that i told them the difference and told me i was a lier. But untill u try it u dont know.

Joel between me, john and james we never had anything but bullydog on all our high hp trucks

Im using the BD on my 07. My 03 liked the smarty tunes as well. The gains on my 07 with the bully dog feel very similar to TNT/R on my 03

if you're on stock injectors, you might try the TNT tunes... I'm thinking about putting it back. I miss the power :eek:

Im auctually liking the 2.4D.

The TST R49 aalone is a joke, set on kill, it would hardly smoke and I swear the engine sounded like it was trying to tear itself apart!!! No setting felt like it would make any power at all!!!

Now with the 2.4D I can DD with little smoke and still feel like I have gobs of power. My EGT's are staying the same but I cruze with just a little more boost than normal, which is good.

Now with some good throttle, the 15.5 wide tires can hold tracton!! It realy feels good to drive with a real tuner finally!!!!!

nothing better than a smarty/tst stack...!
It's a scary stack. With my Smarty TNT on 7 I can stand all over my truck and the boost stays around 60. (2.6/3.0 twins) but if I turn the TST on anything over 4/1 it will jump to 90psi and blow the tires away.

Like Forrest I also ran the Smarty for years. Loaded my TD with crazy larry just to see how it compared and was greatly disappointed. It ran good but just felt weak. If you want to drive a pig take a truck with twins and set all programming to stock. Don't pull out in front of anyone or your gonna die!

My truck is a manual so I can control smoke a little easier so I'm sticking with the Smarty.

ok, after driving TNT9 again today, it's quicker, but at full song, it's not THAT much stronger... like I said, I hadn't really jumped on the truck in a while since it got so hot/humid out.

jumping on it, it's stronger, but not as "stronger" as I thought

moral of the story? 2.4d ain't too bad for how little it costs to get on the truck :D

IMHO if you have a close to stock truck either programmer will do you just fine and give you similar results but when the mod list increases its time to stick to a Smarty. Every truck is different but here is my experiance. This comparision was taken on the same day about 40 minutes apart! Black line = Bullydog 2.4d. Red line = Smarty TNT sw9!

IMG_1196.jpg

doesn't surprise me. especially with Smarty's ability to increase rail.

like I said, it's definitely stronger... I'm guessing probably 3 tenths or so

I'm curious as to the release date of various bully dog tunes vs smarty tunes.

2.4d, isn't that old and week compared to pedophile or crazy or scarry or whatever?

Rumors essentially tell me that shortly after a new smarty tune comes out, it's copied in some form or another.

4000rpm for the smarty, all of a sudden if I recall my history correctly, bully dog had 4000rpm. If I'm wrong, because I normally keep out of programmer fights..

2.4d was the last Larry tune... the other ones are older...

not sure when it came out. I believe summer of 07?

Back