Bw comp nut torque spec

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
Does anyone here know the BW sxe 400 series compressor nut torque spec? NM or Ft lbs is fine. Thanks

German torque spec is gut-en-tight.

English translation: Good and tight!

Many of the aftermarket billet compressor wheels for the S400 series turbos with an integrated nut work well with 25 ft lbs as a torque spec.

Honestly I thought 25 might be a tad high!

you guys usually put high temp loctite on there too right?

Lol, I don't do turbo work usually. Just engine stuff.

Ahhh.....

Just like II is good at bolting parts on and strapping it to a dyno! :poke: Leave the rest to the pros lol! Maybe Lavon can share he's secret squirrel torque specs!?

I like the 75ftlbs idea.... those sxe400's have those fancy arp compressor collars right lol?!:hehe:

75ftlbs Wadeo
I see you haven't changed much....

Ahhh.....

Just like II is good at bolting parts on and strapping it to a dyno! :poke: Leave the rest to the pros lol! Maybe Lavon can share he's secret squirrel torque specs!?

I like the 75ftlbs idea.... those sxe400's have those fancy arp compressor collars right lol?!:hehe:

Your very mistaken, II does a lot of design and engineering, with that said it's mothers day weekend and can't get ahold of them, figured the boys on the net may have the info.....but I can see only a few attempted to help.

Engine oil the threads, flat surface on compressor and nut. Go snug then a little less than a 1/4 turn.

With the way you were riding Baca's nuts, I thought you would have had everyone at II's phone number, email, blood type, home address, and SS#.

Reputable shop told me 30lbs with red lock tite. For those wondering. Book says snug and 90* with is between 25-30lbs

40 N-M.

Dry or lightly lubed on the threads only. Loctite isn't a bad idea but isn't necessary when properly torqued. I prefer vibra-tite. If you are running some major boost numbers it isn't a bad idea to pin the wheel to prevent it spinning on the shaft.

Back