c16 rebuild ?

artman427

Having my 2003 c-16 7nz-4022 rebuilt at cat what program options should or can I have cat do.I wanted c18 1000hp can but they won't warranty if I use it so just what advice on software options, is Mr Haney here to help out? Am I posting this ? In right area

Last edited:
I would posted below in General Diesel Tech. You may get a lot more responses.

Yes but think I would go with pdi first, I found out the heavy haul program 270-7126 and 6999 fuel trim codes gonna try them or 5232 codes . any opinions out there?

It means the injectors have been worked on to flow almost identical to each other. Stock injectors are not very close to one another and is the reason they have different trim codes, cat remans can be off enough that if you run all the same trims it could have one of the injectors flowing too much and burn a cylinder up.

Having my 2003 c-16 7nz-4022 rebuilt at cat what program options should or can I have cat do.I wanted c18 1000hp can but they won't warranty if I use it so just what advice on software options, is Mr Haney here to help out? Am I posting this ? In right area

Your serial number is missing a number. I'm also pretty sure the prefix for an on highway C-16 is 7CZ.

FYI- I just saw a mention of the 5232 injector trim code. On the dyno, I usually saw about a 40HP gain with this code. However, just so you know, Cat caught on to this and the ecm usually won't let you have 6 identical injector trim codes if you have the latest software file flashed in anymore.

Sorry it is 7cz04022 and I'm not sure if ecm has ever been flashed I've only had it a short time. The cat shop mech. said he could change trim codes and things if I wanted. So holding he's right has any one tried fls 74 fts-19?

Sorry it is 7cz04022 and I'm not sure if ecm has ever been flashed I've only had it a short time. The cat shop mech. said he could change trim codes and things if I wanted. So holding he's right has any one tried fls 74 fts-19?

The fls. and fts. settings have very little to do with peak power numbers. They're mostly to dial in the curve throughout the rpm range. The numbers themselves also don't mean anything to us; they go into an equation in the ecm that we don't know. When doing a rerate, I've had the best results setting the fls. fts. numbers to 0-0.

Back