Cab off ?????

Oakley_XC

Fleece Performance
I was talking to a local mechanic (not mine) but he was telling me there are certain things that require cab removal ie; heads, turbo, ect..... Is there any truth to this? I currently own a 6.4 ford and want to get away from this. I've already had it off twice and probably won't be the last if I keep it...

It would make it easier for head removal/ install but not required at all.

Must be the same mechanic that told one of our customers that he needs to pull the trans to do a turbo install. *sighhh*

haven't done a lmm yet but all the other duramaxes are easy to do with the cab on, just pull the plastic fender liners out and you should be good to go.

Cabs on a LMM can be lifted in matter of a couple hours making it a lot easier to do major repairs which can cut down on labor time.

I'm not sure I'd want to lift the cab off a chev, the tins are so thin I'd be worryed about it flexing the front clip.

I'm not sure I'd want to lift the cab off a chev, the tins are so thin I'd be worryed about it flexing the front clip.

I would be worrying about frame flex on your dodge more than the sheet metal on the chevy...

I can imagine the chevs are easy to lift, I used to lift the ford cabs all the time. How much labour are you saveing lifting the cab?

Rob forget pullin the cab that is a ford thing. I think pullin the engine is faster.

Rob forget pullin the cab that is a ford thing. I think pullin the engine is faster.

You can have a GM cab off in under 90 minutes, and it give you complete access to everthing. GM actually engineers there trucks and makes things easy to work on and or remove if need be for easy access. Ford setting 3/4 of there motor under the firewall and dash is just idotic. LOast Ford I helped pull the cab on in my buddies shop took nearly 3 hours. Ford should know with Internationals poor build quality (7.3 exception) and the Triton junk they would want to make there cabs easy to remove. But the dealers need to make money on labor I guess.

Back