Cab Removal Video I Made.

Durallymax

The last set of HG's I did I decided to set the camera up across the shop and do this video. Its not descriptive of what to do at all, and you really can tell at all either. I do have a write-up with pictures in the works but dont have it finished yet.

I just kind of made this one for fun and to show its really not that hard to do. This video is a time lapse at about 5x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53if27AkpM&feature=player_embedded

The last set of HG's I did I decided to set the camera up across the shop and do this video. Its not descriptive of what to do at all, and you really can tell at all either. I do have a write-up with pictures in the works but dont have it finished yet.

I just kind of made this one for fun and to show its really not that hard to do. This video is a time lapse at about 5x.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53if27AkpM&feature=player_embedded

How many other guys are doing it this way? After just popping the wheels off and setting mine on the ground with the wheel wells out i cant see popping the cab being worth while?

So whats the time difference from doing this and doing it with the cab on. Seems like more work than its worth.

I've never done it the other way. At the end of it all the times come out close. But with the cab off you're more comfortable while working meaning you can work quicker with less stress and less chance for error.

There's a lot of people fowling them this way.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

I like cab off. I did it this way on 2 duramaxes now and its great! As was mentioned, its all wide open and easily accessed with the cab off and you don't bust near as many knuckles!

plus to put studs in with cab off is a lot easier and no beating of a customers (or your own) firewall

This is my favorite way. I have done it one time in the truck, and i dont plan on doing it again. I have my own shop now and i dont have a lift yet, so i just pull the motor when i do projects like HGs. i would rather pull it then do it in the truck

plus to put studs in with cab off is a lot easier and no beating of a customers (or your own) firewall

Why are you beating on the firewall? You can put studs in the these trucks without removing the heads :bang

You guys that like to pop the cab must really like doing extra work. Ive only done mine, but its not super complicated, theres just a ton of crap to take off. I could see where its easier, but is it really worth the added time of getting the cab up and lining it back up? Cab off has got to add at least 3 hours to the job.

We pull the cabs as well. We can have the cab off and heads off on our way to machine shop in four hours. Easier to torque heads on using your body as leverage instead of just your arms. More comfortable as well. No humping a topside creeper and no pancake balls.

We pull the cabs as well. We can have the cab off and heads off on our way to machine shop in four hours. Easier to torque heads on using your body as leverage instead of just your arms. More comfortable as well. No humping a topside creeper and no pancake balls.

How many guys wrenching on it to get it apart in 4 hours? 2 i suspect. If so, thats still 8 hours billable.....

Back