Cage build

little6cylinder

Everything is "fixable"
I'm not sure if anyone really cares but I was having a tough time finding cage pictures before I built mine so here's a few of how I did it.

BAE24E74_zps72b11614.jpg

D84B2CD1_zpsad170b3d.jpg

69BD1115_zps02ab5a32.jpg

1518B7CD_zps9beeaa07.jpg

41E6DD50_zps96170bd4.jpg

28A22773_zps6919bc6d.jpg

03BF292F_zpsba1651b2.jpg

I even put her to work! Haha Needed a little help bending the tubing.
FD37DB47_zpscdcbcf34.jpg

535E5609_zpsf554566e.jpg

9B32477C_zps9ecd7195.jpg

First I cut the holes in the floor. Then I bent the main hoop, set the hoop on jack stands. Measured and cut the rear down bars tacked them in place. Measured and cut the door bars. Let it down as far as I could and finish welded it. The rear bars come down straight on the frame rails so I welded them first. Then I made out riggers and welded them on. Center bars first and door bars last.

Not sure what you're doing with the truck and what your odds are of rolling, I build similar mounts to your frame mounts on our little short course trucks, and I would gusset that square tube lower mount to the bottom on the frame. Looks good though!

Thanks, that's the plan. Very slim chance of a roll over but it's there for a reason! LOL I plan on putting in a gusset. I will provably be turning it into an 8.50 cage this winter so we'll see how fun that ends up being.

Who cares about roll cage pictures, if you have so good looking helper!:rockwoot:

Haha thanks. She races auto cross and gives me **** about drag racing and not being able to turnLOL. I just tell her I'm turning the whole way down the track! It's a workout trying to go in a straight line!

Everyone just got a lot more interested when you posted the pictures of the helper! loll.

Everyone just got a lot more interested when you posted the pictures of the helper! loll.

LOL well it's pretty quiet around the fabrication section and I've gotta give her credit. She did a lot. Plus she painted it which sucked a$$! Definitely the worst part of the whole thing.

Back