Can you help LMM issues

Robertp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have a 07 here and i want to delete the DPF.

I bought the lbz down pipe back exhaust, guages, modded the air box and have the new dpf delet program from ppe.

when i got the truck it had a clean exhaust filter code on the dash, and after driving a while i got several missfire and injector codes, the truck is running very rough and is knocking somewhat, and power is gone.

so i loaded the ppe and no change, only the exhaust code went away.
i tryed to clean the dpf with the ppe and it wont do it, it shows .2 psi at idle and 19 grams of soot.

I think the dpf is clogged and the psi sensor is making it run like a dud??

should i remove the dpf and cat and put in the full exhaust, and reload the ppe or is there bigger issues?

truck had 7000 miles on it.
thanks"

If I'm reading right you ran the ppe with the dpf still on. If i'm wrong correct me but if it had codes when you took the filter off you should have cleared them before you removed the filter.
You CANNOT RUN PPE'S DPF DELETE PROGRAM WITH THE FILTER STILL ON.
If I'm incorrect in my understanding what your saying let us know and we can help. Chris

Chris i beilve what he is trying to say is he is wondering if the dpf is causing this issue the truck is having

JD4440 said:
If I'm reading right you ran the ppe with the dpf still on. If i'm wrong correct me but if it had codes when you took the filter off you should have cleared them before you removed the filter.
You CANNOT RUN PPE'S DPF DELETE PROGRAM WITH THE FILTER STILL ON.
If I'm incorrect in my understanding what your saying let us know and we can help. Chris
The filter has not come off yet cause the truck still runs like crap, but i think it may be because it still has the filter on and it's causeing a restriction, and the psi sensor is picking it up and putting it in limp mode and causeing a mssfire condition. just not sure about these new LMM's yet.

Well if the filter is still on and the ppe is off and your having these problems take it to the svc. dept. and let them deal with it. Haven't really heard enough to know what could be causing it. Probably a faulty sensor if it won't regen. Like I said , none of the ppe tunes on that programmer will work with the dpf on.

JD4440 said:
Well if the filter is still on and the ppe is off and your having these problems take it to the svc. dept. and let them deal with it. Haven't really heard enough to know what could be causing it. Probably a faulty sensor if it won't regen. Like I said , none of the ppe tunes on that programmer will work with the dpf on.

Update, three dead cylinders, and a bad psi sensor in the back. throws a hard code and makes regen inacctive and power 0. Back to the dealer she goes

i would delete the DPF bull**** and just be done with it..

will help your power and MPG also...

Back