Cant Keep Tires, What Tire is Best? And scratched wheel help

CUMMINSTD

New Ride, Poor Wallet :/
I have 33 12.50 pro comp xtreme all terrain tires on my dodge and i now have 15000 miles on them, and im just about to the wear bars in the tread already. I try to never spin them unless its on something soft like in mud or something but ocassionally itll slip on dry pavement when im not careful or racing but i try to take pretty good care of them. I was looking at going with the nitto terra grappler, ive gotten some good feedback on those from multiple people. Anyone with a good programmer should know where im coming from on tire wear. Also i have the polished aluminum dodge wheels that are factory clear coated, is there a somewhat simple way to remove or buff out a majority of the scratches. Its just from mud so they are not scratched really deep just lots of surface scratches.

I ran Nitto Terra Grapplers and they were BALD in 15K miles and then I went to Pro Comp Xterrains and got close to 17K miles out of them.

Then I switched to Mickey Thompson ATZ's and I'm on the 2nd set. the first set went 60K miles and this set has 52K miles and is getting close to the wear bars. I have no complaints other then the price.

Mickey Thompson ATZ
MICKEYBAJAATZ.jpg

i was looking at the mickey thompson before i got the pro comp. everyone i asked about the nitto they are saying they gey around 60K. one has the full banks system and another has an edge juice. They arent near as hard on the trucks as i am either. I know driving style has a lot to do with it, are you easy on yours or do you take off hard a lot and race some?....... just looked at the mickey thompsons, the price is about the same as my pro comps, its not too bad especially if you get em on sale at 4 wheel parts.:Cheer:

Last edited:
I have a lightly modded 12 valve and my last set of Nitto Terra Grappler didn't last too well. Im now running Hankook RF10's and Im very happy so far (only a couple thousand miles right now). My dad has the Hankooks on his personal truck and company truck and is very happy in both situations. Mine are 315's my dads are 265's.

I have a lightly modded 12 valve and my last set of Nitto Terra Grappler didn't last too well. Im now running Hankook RF10's and Im very happy so far (only a couple thousand miles right now). My dad has the Hankooks on his personal truck and company truck and is very happy in both situations. Mine are 315's my dads are 265's.

This is more to your truck, what kinda mods do you have? The older 12 valves you can add a pretty good bit of power with a low price range.

If you have a good relationship with the 4wheel parts guys, they will stand behind the 40,000 mile tread wear warranty with NO questions asked. The shop I bought mine from said if they started getting wore out, and I wasn't happy with how fast they were wearing, bring them in and get them switched out with a new set NO questions asked.

100 plate, afc mods, 3k gsk, 35/40 hybrid and open exhaust. I figure its right around 300 hp. maybe a little less. still stock injectors timing and tranny so its pretty mild for now.

that's funny.. as I went up in HP, I got better ware. I can now start to break the tires lose in 5th at 55mph...

35-40K out of the nitto's. with exception of the one time I got 20K out of "D" range 295's.

You folks are all using E range right? 60psi up front, 45 unloaded in the back?...

proper tire pressure and load rating goes along way.

that's funny.. as I went up in HP, I got better ware. I can now start to break the tires lose in 5th at 55mph...

35-40K out of the nitto's. with exception of the one time I got 20K out of "D" range 295's.

You folks are all using E range right? 60psi up front, 45 unloaded in the back?...

proper tire pressure and load rating goes along way.

i only run load range E, and i keep my pressures at 60 psi all the way around.

im gonna do some more searching before i spend another grand. Its either gonne be the nitto or mickey thompson

Funny, my crappy Nitto's were also 295's and D range. still, they weren't aggressive enough for me. I've heard good things about the M/T's but never run em. Good luck.

thats how i was when i got the pro comps, all terrains wrent agressive enough but i do too much highway riding for a mud tire. im thinkin about the m/t atz for the off road capability too

Also i have the polished aluminum dodge wheels that are factory clear coated, is there a somewhat simple way to remove or buff out a majority of the scratches. Its just from mud so they are not scratched really deep just lots of surface scratches.

Anyone got any ideas on this? id like to fix em by the time i get new tires

Back