cast vs forged vs steel piston @ 1500hp

Poulina

yes i know been covered, please consider my variables;

sleeving a 6.7 back down to 4.02....looking for 1500-1600hp. compounds with a sniff of nitrous. 6.7 injectors/electronics. STREET DRIVEN

im stuck on piston choice.

cast 03-04 pistons will be the most cost effective and the most commonly used, paired with wagler street fighter rods. at my desired power goal, cast would be on the edge?

I have a hookup on a set of wide bowl monotherm pistons, these pistons would require a 126* nozzle change, a stout rod (x-beams or wagler billet) and ultimately cost double versus the cast piston/rod combo mentioned above.

Since im considering a $2500 set of pistons, the D&J FSR has also come into light, I have read instances where they have been street driven/raced for a year (lavons qclb). As I type this Im realizing a 50,000 mile duty cycle might be enough to get me by a few years. the truck gets driven 10,000 to 15,000 miles a year.

thanks for any input

I feel monotherms are overkill in almost every application for a light duty truck. I think a reasonable set of forged is your best best for reliability and cost.

Back