CAT 3126 issue......

TX_5.9

A friend of mine is working a 2000 MY 3126.....the issue is, its returning engine oil to the fuel tank. Would this be caused by a cracked injector body only or should he be looking for something else?

He did say the orings were not CAT but aftermarket..... If that makes a difference. I figured if it was a cracked injector he could use ET to kill each one until the white smoke quit out the exhaust. He's in the process of putting it back together now.....we'll see what happens. Keep the suggestions coming.

What application is it in .....we had 3126s in a military truck...we would have same issues when our engine breather or return line that was clogged or pinched.....would back pressure the system .... That was the least path of resistance for decompressing the system

Change the Orings to Cat. They use different hardness, strengths and compounds in the orings, depending on application. If you used the autoparts orings "redbox" I garuntee that is your issue.

He put some new orings on and is putting it back together. I'll see if that helped.

Apparently the orings were the culprit. The fuel is still oil saturated which won't hurt anything but I would think at 9000 hrs, its definitely due to have the overhead run on it. Other than that the problem is fixed.....thanks for the help guys.

Back