Circuit path for the gear indicator?

Hoiyay

What path does the circuit for the gear indicator take? Which bus is it on? The CAN C or CAN B?

I've had electrical hell from this motor after engine rebuild. I've replaced ECM, TIPM, new cluster, injector harness, an engine wiring harness (one that controls injectors). Truck won't even fire up now, just cranks.

Was running, but would overload injectors when coming to a stop. Cluster doesn't work, no OBD2, etc.

Dealership said I needed an 2 wiring harnesses. I bought them and replaced one of them myself (the harness with the injector connectors). The other one I'm pretty sure he gave me the wrong part number by mistake. The second part number was the wiring harness that goes behind the dash that controls all the electronics in there, probably the airbags, and ac, radio, etc.

I don't think thats the issue, but maybe.

I was getting stray voltage at the CAN C bus which I'm sure was interferring with communication. I tried tracking it down and everywhere I tested just made no sense of the readings I was getting (hence a bad harness makes sense).

Anyways, trying to back trace some things. I know I get no gear indicator lights at all. As the PRND doesn't even pop up at ALL. Was wondering if this ran from the transmission, into the ECM and then out to the cluster.

I'm starting to learn towards my ECM is bad.

Back