cleaning chrome wheels

MegaCabRam

Well once again iv failed to keep the new wheels clean this winter :bang

now there in bad need of it, whats everybody use and trust as far as cleaners and polish goes? any tips, these wheels are an absoulte pia to clean

Also heard you could wax the wheels after cleaning to help keep stuff from sticking to them anybody do this?

I used windex to clean them and then would wax them. Been awhile since I have waxed them, just don't seem to have the time anymore.

Iv got some of that turtle wax ice spray on wax, or its kinda for inbetween waxes, think I may try it

I told myself I was gonna stay on top of these that way I could just wipe them clean but once again iv been to lazy

fine steel wool works the best... i like to keep it wet and rinse as i go then if u like a wax over it not really necessary imo

i used Eagle One Chrome and Wire cleaner. works awesome,since it has acid in it i spray it on the wheel, and let it sit for a minute or 2 and wash it off. then wipe the rim off with a microfiber cloth.

If they are chrome like my Helos use Purple Power-Dust Off cleaner.

http://www.clean-rite.com/products.htm

It's in the black bottle and works wonders. I spray all wheels and right after spraying the last wheel I wash it off because it will eat things quick. Very good cleaner. i was impressed.

Any CARQUEST should have it. They usually carry two types...all purpose and the dust off. I prefer the dust off. I can run my truck for 2 weeks in rain and water and the wheels can get covered in dust yet they still sparkle.

It is acid based. Like I said, I spray all four wheels and as soon as I get done with the fourth I go back and wash them off. After using this stuff for a year at every wash it has had no ill effect on my wheels. I thought they were shiny before I had used it and this stuff made them bling.

Does it take all the baked crap off too?

It took brake dust off that scrubbing wouldn't. I use it on my exhaust tip, wheels, and back and front bumpers. It took the soot stain right off the back bumper with no scrubbing at all. Takes the crap off of the tip very easily.

If you have polished aluminim though, stay clear from this cleaner. It will stain/haze it. For chrome I have found no better cleaner so far.

I just went out and bought some, and DAMN. You werent kidding! Thanks!

Use this stuff.

I use the meguirs hot wheels spray stuff in the read bottle with a soft cloth or brush. That stuff is awesome I always have a bottle in the truck.

What would you guys recommend to clean and polish aluminum rims,, mine look great when first cleaned and wet, then when dried off look like they have a haze to them.

What would you guys recommend to clean and polish aluminum rims,, mine look great when first cleaned and wet, then when dried off look like they have a haze to them.

http://www.wenol.com/ is by far the best polish I have ever used... start with the blue... on a clean rag... wax on... wash off.... dry... go to red... wax on (till the area/rag turns black or dries out)... wash off... one coat of blue... two of red... I mean bling bling... after you do that once just run over your wheels with the red and your good to go for awhile!

Chrome - SOS pad from grocery store (lemon scent)... beads water for months after!

Mcguires wheel polish and other products.

When I get around to doing it every 6 months...

Meguiars chrome wheel cleaner is what I use and it works awesome. The fumes are nasty though.

the 000 or 0000 steel wool works great. Use it with water or can also use a spray detailer with it. Just keep it lubed when you are cleaning them

Back