Clueless about 6.0's, have a question.

Bosshawg600

PDP.com FireFighter
Well, One of my buddies has a F250 with a 6.0 in it. He uses it to work everyday and his fuel mileage is killing him. He has tried everything, After market filter, 4" exaust but he keeps complaining about his 16mpg. He want to try anything that is going to get him better fuel mileage so he bought a DJ's Fuel+ System. I told him i have no Idea if it is going to help him at all in the mileage department, but it will probably make his truck run better. Any input on guys that have run it?

Also, what else could he try? maybe some programmer that improves fuel mileage? Upgrade anything? Any input is good!

IF he doesn't already have a programmer, most any of them would improve fuel mileage even on the highest setting. Many people here are fond of SCT. I haven't tried yet. I have read alot of posts about them being tempermental or finicky and it may not be the product to use for a novice looking for mileage and longevity out of the engine. I recommend Superchips Flashpaq to most people who ask and tell them to run the 80 hp setting for best all around results. Just my two cents, I'm sure someone pushing SCT will chime in. I think a bigger intercooler will help with mileage too.

IF he doesn't already have a programmer, most any of them would improve fuel mileage even on the highest setting. Many people here are fond of SCT. I haven't tried yet. I have read alot of posts about them being tempermental or finicky and it may not be the product to use for a novice looking for mileage and longevity out of the engine. I recommend Superchips Flashpaq to most people who ask and tell them to run the 80 hp setting for best all around results. Just my two cents, I'm sure someone pushing SCT will chime in. I think a bigger intercooler will help with mileage too.

maybe its all the banks stuff in your sig.....:poke:

maybe its all the banks stuff in your sig.....:poke:

:lolly:

my mileage is around 18-19 around town 21 on the highway. I run a extreme race file from eric at innovative diesel with my sct. tons of power and i was so impressed with the kinda mileage i get

see the poke smiley in his post? Screw the hypertech or superchips, do it right the first time, get the SCT....

BFD99, thanks for the schooling, sometimes you never know how posts are supposed to be taken. Hey, did your friend ever find that boat that was stolen? You graduated yet?

boat was found in about a zillion pieces, motors gone somebody had put the hull through a chipper. I will be a junior this fall and am excited for this fall, it will be soo much fun!

Hi,

I would love to hear how the system does with fuel mileage.

Staying under 2000rpms helps.

Thanks,
Vivian

Well, One of my buddies has a F250 with a 6.0 in it. He uses it to work everyday and his fuel mileage is killing him. He has tried everything, After market filter, 4" exaust but he keeps complaining about his 16mpg. He want to try anything that is going to get him better fuel mileage so he bought a DJ's Fuel+ System. I told him i have no Idea if it is going to help him at all in the mileage department, but it will probably make his truck run better. Any input on guys that have run it?

Also, what else could he try? maybe some programmer that improves fuel mileage? Upgrade anything? Any input is good!

16MPG, I wish I got that, I use my truck to work with also, I'am happy with the 12 MPGs Mine gets, as I pull a 3 car wedge trailer, some day s i would get 12.2ish and be so happy.I had the Edge Juice on my truck with it set to Tow, with it set on stock I was only getting 11 MPGS. so your buddy is doing good if he uses the truck to pull a trailer. Good luck with getting better mileage. Thanks SickFord

Thanks for all the help guys! I found out over the weekend he tried a superchips and said it doesnt help much. Ill try and get into it tomorrow and have him run the 80hp setting and see what that does. We should also be installing the fuel system tomorrow, with any luck it all will help him out a bit.

He does pull trailers, nothing too heavy, but its usually full of shingles or building supplies. His biggest problem is the truck is FULL of tools and thats just adding weight, but we cant change that.

Ill check on his fileters too. He takes care of his trucks, so Im not too worried about that. I would hate to see him get rid of the truck. Even though Im a die hard doge guy, this is a real sharp truck! We are trying all we can right now, but if things dont change, we is going to pick up a 06 Dodge with a 6sp.

aint gonna get much more MPGs on that dodge and i bet it will cost him more to change trucks, gotta consider that too.

Back