CNC Plasma

Fireman450

Daring to be diffrent!!
Looking for something around the size of a 48" by 48" Should do anything ill ever need. What brands would yall look for? Software & computer system?? and trying to keep it budget minded for a smaller shop.

Thanks all.

Local welding shop has a 5x10 plasma cam. Price was good and he uses it way more than expected. I dont think I have ever seen the owner not using it when I stop by since he got it. Everything in the pic was done on it. 1/2 plate for the arms 1/4 for the box and 1inch plate for the tow hook. He also has the attachment to cut pipe.

Attachments

• 0513131346.jpg
    0513131346.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Plasma cam for sure! My best friend has one that we have been using for the last 8 years. Awesome! It's a 48 x 48. His machine is a thermo dynamic, cant remember the model. Before that he had a torch mate and it sucked. I didnt use it much. But my friend said the programs were crap and over complicated. And the table used a diffrent kind of motor that wasn't very good.

Probably @ work under a truck, Tapatalk 2

Since we are on the topic does anyone have much experience plasma cutting aluminum. If set correctly you can make clean cuts which isnt a problem. But i have heard that when plasma cutting aluminum it makes microscopic cracks at the edges. I will be making some intercoolers and fuel tanks and dont need to run into problems. I was going to use a jigsaw but the cnc plasma would be precise and much faster.

Since we are on the topic does anyone have much experience plasma cutting aluminum. If set correctly you can make clean cuts which isnt a problem. But i have heard that when plasma cutting aluminum it makes microscopic cracks at the edges. I will be making some intercoolers and fuel tanks and dont need to run into problems. I was going to use a jigsaw but the cnc plasma would be precise and much faster.

Have used it a fair amount but you have to grind the edges down to get the "scale" off other wise it wont weld up nicely.

This is by hand I'm sure a cnc plasma wouldnt be nearly as bad.

I weld a ton of aluminum. Plasma cutting works but u are very limited on thickness. I takes a lot more power to cut aluminum than it does steel. If u need precision I would with some like aqua power cutting in Texas. I have near all of my stuff that has to look good cut from there. It not terribly expensive either. Water jet on aluminum in defiantly the way to go.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

cuts stainless great, aluminum i have only ever cut one thing but i slowed down the cut speed and was fine, we have the hypertherm 85 on our plasma and a larger compressor really fun to watch it cut out anything.

Here is some we have cut

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385132448325.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385132448325.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 0
I heard good things about burntables metioned above aswell. I like the router option they offer. Attachements are something to consider when choosing who to get a table from aswell.

Back