Compounds, tuning and drive pressure

TXUMSC

I run a 362/68/12 over a 475/87/1.10, both billet turbos. On my 120 hp tune I can keep a 1:1 drive/boost ratio pretty well. I had my tuner write me a max effort tune for my setup, 50 HP injectors, stock CP3, 150 GPH lift pump. First hard run my ratio jumps to 3:1. Can this simply be alleviated with loosening my spring gate on my primary or is it just too small of a turbine/housing for the fuel delivered with the tune?

I sent a data log but have not gotten an feedback yet.

I'd loosen the gate on the secondary as a start, see what it does then.

I wouldn't get to caught up in trying to get an exact 1:1 ratio, but as good as you can.

Initially I was 6 turns in on the gate. I backed out four, now my intermediate gauge and overall gauge both top out at 13.5 lbs and I’m making 34 lbs drive. EGT’s 1169 deg. I’m going back to six to watch the numbers on the same pull. None of my other tunes make the truck act this way. A full throttle pull on the 120 tune will smash 40 lbs overall and 12-14 lbs intermediate VERY quickly. Most I’ve seen out of this setup is 54 lbs, so I know it’s there.

Six turns in, 0-60 run not even to the floor, probably 70%. 60 psi drive (that’s when I let out), 17.18 psi overall boost, 1035 deg EGT. No smoke, tons of power, drive pressure freaking me out. I have a 10 bar MAP, I wonder if this tune isn’t set up for it and reading boost wrong.

I would definitely look into a sensor issue, I doubt it would make that boost/drive ratio if you welded the gate shut. Throw a mech gauge in a see what it says.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I switched the PID to sensor voltage instead of boost psi. Going off that my boost readings are perfectly inline with my drive pressure. I have a 10 bar MAP voltage chart and I was at 1.78 volts with 30 psi drive then another run I was at 2.3 volts with 45 psi drive. I honestly think my tuner set this tune up for a 3 bar MAP by mistake.

I switched the PID to sensor voltage instead of boost psi. Going off that my boost readings are perfectly inline with my drive pressure. I have a 10 bar MAP voltage chart and I was at 1.78 volts with 30 psi drive then another run I was at 2.3 volts with 45 psi drive. I honestly think my tuner set this tune up for a 3 bar MAP by mistake.
Where did you get your sensor?

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Sweet. I have a 5 bar but I don't think the temperature curve is correct. It doesn't take much to get the intake temp up past 105 and trigger the fan.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Back