Concrete truck fun. ISSPRO experts please

zfaylor

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Alright I have a customer who wants to have some fun with his new Glider we are building. He wants gauges (fuel pressure, pyro, boost).

The cab is miles from the engine. I know extending the pyro lead wires is an iffy subject. What say the experts?

Are there any issues with extending an electronic boost gauge wires or fuel psi wires about 20-30 feet as well?

Why not run the CAN based gauges from isspro ? And extending the Pyro wires isn't all that big a deal, it's adding joints. Every metal to metal joint creates voltage. We just replaced a Pyro lead on a genset yesterday with a lengthy piece of wire.

Think pusher motorhome. A guy put compounds on one, I believe he asked the same question. I will try and dig up the thread for you.

Thanks for the input guys. ISSPRO is making an extra long pyro lead for us. They are also calibrating the fuel pressure gauge to work with the extra long wire.

After speaking with him on the phone for a couple hours yesterday he is my new favorite customer LOL

He has custom engineered diesel chargers on all of his trucks and he is an airdog dealer. He is going with EV2 ISSPRO gauges, the heavy duty line airdog pump, and an s468 from Chris at engineered diesel.

He doesn't want a straight pipe, wants to hear the engine but he hates the idea of the big quiet donaldson mufflers. I am leaning towards a resonator. Anyone have experience with resonators to keep the drone away on a heavy duty diesel?

I forgot to tell you where we got our leads from. I still wish I could have talked you into can-bus gauges.

I forgot to tell you where we got our leads from. I still wish I could have talked you into can-bus gauges.

I am actually trying to talk him into them since you brought those up. He is pretty open to new ideas so he is considering them. He will spend the extra money for a better product in a heartbeat.

sidenote: he runs an airdog made for a semi on his VP powered pickup and those things are pretty sweet. Has a small brain box that keeps track of amp draw and will indicate when the filters are getting dirty and such. Pretty slick setup. Much better motors and pumps on them over the pickup truck versions as well.

He has performance chargers on a rather stock engine?

Relatively stock. He runs an airdog, turbo blanket, some other minor things, some tuning, and ~68mm chargers on his trucks. He is toying with different sized chargers. They spool great, get better fuel mileage, and are a little more fun to drive which is all he is after. He said they are all under 500hp so he isn't trying to do too much with them.

If you've ever driven a loaded concrete truck you know where he is coming from. They are dogs. Typically they are L10, c10, M11, C12 powered and detuned at that.

This is like deer hunting with a 30 mag. Do we really NEED a hotrod concrete truck? Lol

This is like deer hunting with a 30 mag. Do we really NEED a hotrod concrete truck? Lol

Absolutely not LOL

Most companies want detuned ISMs or L10s so their drivers don't tear much stuff up. Drivers tend to drive pretty dumb when they get stuck. Lock all 6 tires in and let them eat until they eventually grab something hard and snap axle shafts and grenade t-cases.

The guys who own the company actually drive these trucks so they like to have fun with them. He is in the process of ppumping is 01 dodge so he hates stock things.

Back