connecting rods to many choices!

dangerous06

diesel tech
OK so The 12v are the way to go but made by what country is the best?
U.S.A. or Mex or Canada or Brazil or??

My understanding it doesnt matter cause they all break sooner or later. Boss has a set with a mismatched rod from the factory. Which is pretty common.

From what Ive heard it used to go in this order:

USA
England
Brazil
Mexico
Japan

with Japan being the only ones to worry about

All I can find new is reman 12v rods have you been able to find new ones?

I just bought a set for 200. shipped!USA batch Used! I'll measure them before I shot peen them!

Dont be fooled by the many choices cummins has very strict manufacturing standards...There all good!

Dont be fooled by the many choices cummins has very strict manufacturing standards...There all good!

Bingo, someone actually had a great idea, and get them tested. However, I don't think their sample test size has an accurate representation of the actual rods.

The sample they did, IIRC showed the USA rods being stronger, but again, if they grabbed another Japan rod would it have shown a little more?

Did the grab the best of the US rod, and the worst of the Japanese rod?

My vote is carrillo rods. Have good luck so far. Have seen 5600 rpms in the burnout box before.

If I could afford Carrillo rods this wouldn't be a thread! Man to have that kind of money to throw in a motor.....Come on Lottery!!! For the other 98% we will just take our chances as we do in life!! Seems spinning past 4000 rpm with full fuel and power is a dream we all have!

I've only seen a couple broken rods and they were both England.

Back